The bags are packed, and I’m about to jump in the car for the airport. I’m off to the 2005 AFI Film Festival and the American Film Market, in the Los Angeles area. As always, flying to the West Coast provides a welcome bit of time travel. I land in L.A. one hour after I take off from Austin. Gotta love it. Because I’m still pretty iPod-illiterate, my trusty partner-in-crime Jarod Neece has helped me load up with some albums for the flight, including:
– Antony and the Johnsons, I Am a Bird Now
– Charlie Parker, Bird At The High-Hat
– Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
– Danger Doom, The Mouse & The Mask
– Dungen, Ta Det Lugnt
– John Lennon, Plastic Ono Band
– Mocean Worker, Enter The MoWo!
– The Notorious B.I.G., Ready To Die
– The Pixies, Wave of Mutilation
– Robert Johnson, The Complete Recordings
– Serge Gainsbourg, Couleur Cafe
– Sigur Ros, Takk
– Yo La Tengo, I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
It really does make all the difference on a cross-country flight. See you in California.