I’m certainly looking forward to catching up with friend Tommy Pallotta while we’re both at Cannes. Tommy, a Texas native, now lives in L.A. as he works on prepping Richard Linklater’s A Scanner Darkly (Tommy is one of the producers). Scanner, which had a sneak-preview screening at SXSW, will have its world premiere at Cannes. Before that, though, Tommy sent me this email about a clever Scanner promotion:
A SCANNER DARKLY trailer remix contest that lets fans make their own ASD film trailers. They can submit their trailer to the contest, share with friends, post on their own pages, etc.
The contest winner will receive:
– Two tickets to the films U.S. Premiere (including roundtrip airfare, hotel, and transportation)
– Microsoft Windows 64-bit powered professional video editing workstation with Adobe Production Studio Premium featuring Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and more.
Runner-up and Audience Award winners will both receive:
– XBOX360 video game consoles
– Adobe Production Studio Standard software
– autographed A Scanner Darkly movie poster.
Check it out, at scanner.res.com.