Okay, I obviously can’t share much because I wasn’t there… but I just had to share what I’ve heard because it sounds AWESOMELY AWESOME…
For this year’s annual LAFF Filmmaker Retreat, the festival hosted all of the filmmakers at George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch outside San Franscisco. Here are some of the snippets of what I heard various filmmakers say of the two-day excursion:
– There is a body of water on the property called “Lake Ewok.”
– There is all kinds of Lucas memorabilia, including lightsabers from Star Wars and the guitar from Howard the Duck.
– There are massive, state-of-the-art screening rooms and recording soundstages (for John Williams and his orchestra).
– The group was greeted by a “cantina band,” that featured three men: a cowboy playing guitar, a Middle Eastern man wearing a fez, and an Asian man wearing traditional clothing.
– George Lucas was a very friendly and welcoming host.
There’s more, but you’ll have to get the goods from the filmmakers.