Filmmaker Magazine has posted its Summer 2006 issue online, which means it has posted its annual “25 New Faces of Independent Film 2006.” As usual, it’s a sturdy list of unknown, sorta-known, and well-known indie filmmakers on the cusp of breakthrough in 2006. Click here to see the full list, and accompanying blurbage. And, meanwhile, major congrats to the following SXSW 2006 filmmakers who made the list:
– Eunhee Cho (director of SXSW 2006 North American Premiere Inner Circle Line, winner of a Special Jury Prize at the festival.)
– The Brothers Nee (filmmakers behind The Last Romantic, which made its World Premiere at SXSW 2006.)
– Gary Huggins (director of the short, First Date, which screened in the Reel Shorts Competition at SXSW.)
– Michael Tully (director of the SXSW 2006 North American Premiere, Cocaine Angel.)
– Las Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy (producing team behind SXSW 2006 selections Gretchen and Old Joy.)
– PJ Raval (cinematographer behind SXSW 2006 premieres Gretchen and The Cassidy Kids).
Congrats to the whole list, and thanks to the folks at Filmmaker, for bringing attention to these deserving artists.