Over at Movie City News, a group of us are still playing along prognosticating what will be nominated for an Oscar in about four weeks. The latest Gurus o’ Gold awards season survey was posted this week, looking at best picture along with best supporting actor/actress (and my full ballot is included below). Keep in mind these are supposed to be the films that players predict will be nominated, not our personal favorites.
The more I think about it, at this moment its feeling a lot like a “Dreamgirls” sweep in those two categories: Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy… We’ll see how it progresses, thoughts?
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
1. Jennifer Hudson, “Dreamgirls”
2. Vera Farmiga, “The Departed”
3. Adriana Barraza, “Babel”
4. Rinko Kikuchi, “Babel”
5. Phyllis Somerville, “Little Children”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
1. Jack Nicholson, “The Departed”
2. Eddie Murphy, “Dreamgirls”
3. Alan Arkin, “Little Miss Sunshine”
4. Ben Affleck, “Hollywoodand”
5. Michael Sheen, “The Queen”