Just announced over at indieWIRE… the lineup for the 45th New York Film Festival. Some initial notes on the lineup…
– Was Wong Kar-wai‘s love affair with NYFF broken in ’04 when his “2046” didn’t screen at the festival? His latest, “My Blueberry Nights” (shot in New York) is not on the lineup.
– Abel Ferrara‘s “Go Go Tales” must be the first film ever to screen at the controversial New York International Independent Film and Video Film Festival before showing at the NYFF.
– Is “The Romance of Astrea and Celadon” really Eric Rohmer‘s final film, as is stated in the film’s description?
– Wow, John Landis made a doc about Don Rickles and Peter Bogdanovich made one about Tom Petty.
– Is Sidney Lumet back? The fest calls his new film, “masterful.”