Dubai seriously messed with my December listomania madness plan, so here’s my first attempt at getting back on track. Today & tomorrow I’ll offer my best-of-2009 lists for music & film, take a break for the holiday (where I hope to be internet free for at least 4 days), and then come back strong with the rest of the best of 2000s lists (I like the idea of actually waiting for the decade to be over to finish those off anyway).
First off: Best songs. I already relayed my “songs of the 2000s” way back in November, so the top bunch should be no surprise seeing as how they pretty much correlate with how 2009’s offerings made that list (though Jay-Z and Lady Gaga/Beyonce were some late additions). I’ll spare commentary as I hardly consider myself any sort of music aficionado. This list isn’t meant to really represent anything other than the soundtrack to my very wacky year that was 2009.
First five here, the rest after the jump.
1. Phoenix – 1901
2. Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks
3. Lily Allen – The Fear
4. Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys – Empire State of Mind
5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Soft Shock
Six to twenty-five after la jump.
6. Animal Collective – My Girls
7. Metric – Help I’m Alive
8. Basement Jaxx – Raindrops
9. Patrick Wolf – Theseus
10. Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce – Telephone
11. Phoenix – Lisztomania
12. Karen O. and the Kids – All Is Love
13. Grizzly Bear – While You Wait For The Others
14. Tegan and Sara – Hell
15. Charlotte Gainsbourg feat. Beck – Heaven Can Wait
16. Regina Spektor – Dance Anthem For The ’80s
17. Shakira – She Wolf
18. The Dirty Projectors – Stillness is the Move
19. Tiesto feat. Tegan & Sara – Feel It In My Bones
20. Metric – Satellite Mind
21. Kelly Clarkson – My Life Would Suck Without You
22. Little Boots – New In Town
23. Franz Ferdinand – Ulysses
24. Jully Black – Running
25. Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling*
*-Only when listened to with this video.
Best of 2000s Song Lists