Film Independent, the non-profit arts organization that produces the Spirit Awards and the Los Angeles Film Festival (LAFF), today announced writer/director Jenny Deller and producer Kristin Fairweather as the recipients of the Alfred P. Sloan grant; a grant awarded to one project in LAFF’s Fast Track program.
The program is a three-day film financing market, where participants connect with financiers, production companies, agents and managers in an effort to complete their films.
“We are thrilled to have such tremendous support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation for our Fast Track filmmakers,” said Josh Welsh, Director of Talent Development for Film Independent. “The program has given so many filmmakers the guidance and resources they needed to complete their projects.”
Film Independent announced that the following projects and filmmakers will take part in this year’s Fast Track program:
1. “The Dead Circus” – Adam Davenport, Writer/Director
2. “El Flaco” – Jeff Seymann Gilbert, Writer/Director
3. “Future Weather” – Jenny Deller, Writer/Director/Producer
4. “Gravity” – Marah Strauch, Producer/Director
5. “The Life and Mind of Mark DeFriest” – Gabriel London, Director
6. “Look for the Light” – Topaz Adizes, Writer/Director
7. “Love Marriage” – Soman Chainani, Writer/Director
8. “The Stones” – Ana Lily Amirpour, Producer/Writer/Director
9. “The Unexpected” – Tom Putnam, Writer/Director/Producer
10. “You’re A Big Girl Now” – Mynette Louie, Producer; Tze Chun, Writer/Director