“We didn’t want to have to recommend [“Super“] to all of our friends individually,” joked Evan Goldberg, so he and friend Seth Rogen rented out Los Angeles’ gem The New Beverly Theatre and let the work speak for itself at an advanced preview screening last night. “We had nothing to do with this film,” Rogen explained of the somewhat mysterious connection — it turns out they just both really enjoy it.
And fair enough — while we agree with a lot of the points made by our reviewer at SXSW on the topic — we found ourselves having fun, particularly any time scene stealer Nathan Fillion appeared, rocking one of the more subtle performances of the film while wearing a wig that was anything but. For better or worse “Super” never fails to take a situation to genuinely ludicrous extremes and if you’ve seen any of Gunn’s past work, you’ll have an idea of what you’re in for.
And with film just around the corner, the soundtrack will also be getting an official release. Comprised of the score by Tyler Bates mixed up with tunes from a variety of mostly unknown with Cheap Trick, Eric Carmen and The Nomads thrown in for good measure, the seventeen track affair should more than fit the bill for fans.
“Super” opens on April 1st and will expand through the month. The soundtrack hits stores on April 5th. Full tracklisting below. — reporting by Leah Zak
“Super” Soundtrack Tracklisting
1. Calling All Destroyers – Tsar
2. Two Perfect Moments – Tyler Bates
3. It Hurts Too Much – Eric Carmen
4. I Do – Lo-def Dollz
5. The Prayer – Tyler Bates
6. If You Want My Love – Cheap Trick
7. God Knows My Name ’11- Moneybrother
8. Finger Of God – Tyler Bates
9. Holy Avenger’s Advice – Tyler Bates
10. Nobody Knows You Anymore – Terra Naomi
11. What It Was – Aceyalone
12. The Second Prayer – Tyler Bates
13. Born Under A Bad Sign – Moneybrother
14. Let Your Body Decide – The Ark
15. Libby Goes Down – Tyler Bates
16. Aftermath And Resolution – Tyler Bates
17. Sometimes Good Guys Don’t Wear White – The Nomads