– Weekend Preview: Green Lantern and Mr. Popper’s Penguins Could Disappoint, Buck, Page One, Art of Getting By.
– Green Lantern Reviews: “Inert, Underwhelming,” Reynolds “Little More than a Torso and a Smirk.”
– Summer’s Nine Worst Movie Trailers include Green Lantern, Three Musketeers, Change-Up, Mr. Popper’s Penguins.
– Trailer Watch: Brad Pitt Stars in Moneyball, Could Be Oscar Contender.
– John Carter Early Poster Teases, Does Not Inform.
– Hero Complex Fest: Captain America, Favreau, Downey, Iron Man, Cowboys & Aliens, Avengers, Comic-Con.
– Fox Searchlight Uses Director Cred to Sell The Tree of Life.
IN THE WORKS
– Dueling Snow Whites: Relativity Shoots First with No Title, Universal’s Huntsman Gets Rewrite.
– David O. Russell Loves Jolie, Eyes her for Silver Lining, in the Running to Direct Maleficent.
– Ben Affleck To Direct Tell No One Remake, Holds Actors Hostage for Argo.
– Brando vs. Crowe as Superman Franchise’s Jor-El.
– Laura Ziskin, Who Produced More Than Spider-Man, is Dead at 61.
– Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Hit Hollywood July 9 for BAFTA’s First Brits to Watch Event.
– Webby Awards Highlight: Dan Savage Acceptance Speech: “Tracy Morgan Can Suck My…”
– Elvis Mitchell is New Film Independent/LACMA Film Curator.
– Lynne Segall Ditches Deadline to Return to Hollywood Reporter.
– Conan O’Brien’s Brilliant Commencement Speech: “Disappointment Stings”
– Jen Grisanti Talks Story Line: Finding Gold in Your Life Story, Emotional Truth.