For the second year, Barnard College will present the Athena Film Festival from February 9-12, 2012. The fest aims to “expand the definition of what it means to be a female leader, highlighting the many ways that women can and do make a difference,” and will feature top tier features, Oscar nominated films, documentaries and shorts, of which there are US and whorl premieres.
The fest now opens its doors for submissions. Here are the details and requirements:
The Athena Film Festival will accept submissions of documentaries, features and shorts from June 15- September 15 and is looking for films:
• That will reveal the diverse narratives of women leaders from all walks of life—narratives of ambition, courage, strength and resilience.
• That will showcase women leaders who help us interpret the reality of the modern world—captivating stories of truth, determination, innovation and vision.
• That highlight the talents of emerging artists–films that capture a new generation’s take on what makes exemplary women leaders.
Please keep in mind that for a film to be considered it must have a female at the center of the story in a leadership position. Films directed by male and female directors are welcome. Films directed by women that are not focused in some respect on female leadership onscreen will not be considered.
If you have a film that would fulfill the mission of the Athena Film Festival, please submit the following information to email@example.com
• A brief synopsis of the film and any relevant links (especially to trailers)
• Type of film: documentary, feature, or short.
• Running time, Country of origin and language of film.
• Year the film was made.
• Type and date of release (if applicable.)
• Names of film festivals or other venues your film has played (if applicable.)
• Contact information: Name, email, phone, skype and address.
You will be contacted if the Festival would like to see a screener. Submissions need to be on DVD (in NTSC format) or available online.
Submission deadline: September 15, 2011 (no late deadline)