Academy shorts branch voters will now pick three to five final nominees from their short list of ten live action shorts. One hundred seven pictures qualified in the category. Check out the list–with links to video and more detailed info–below.
• “Je Pourrais Être Votre Grand-Mère (I Could Be Your Grandmother),” Bernard Tanguy, director-producer (Rézina Productions)
• “Love at First Sight,” Michael Davies, director and Sandra Gorel, producer (Spellbound Films)
• “Pentecost,” Peter McDonald, director (EMU Productions)
• “Raju,” Max Zähle, director and Stefan Gieren, producer (Hamburg Media School/Filmwerkstatt)
• “The Road Home,” Rahul Gandotra, director-producer and Ameenah Ayub, producer (London Film School)
• “The Roar of the Sea,” Ana Rocha Fernandes and Torsten Truscheit, directors (Niama Filmproduktion GmbH)
• “Sailcloth,” Elfar Adalsteins, director-producer (Berserk Films)
• “The Shore,” Terry George, director-producer (All Ashore Productions Limited)
• “Time Freak,” Andrew Bowler, director and Gigi Causey, producer (Team Toad)
• “Tuba Atlantic,” Hallvar Witzø, director (The Norwegian Film School/Den Norske Filmskolen)
Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco in January 2012. The nominations will be announced on January 24.