Steven Soderbergh generally keeps a pretty regular crew of behind-the-scenes folks and on-camera stars from film to film. Sure, he may switch things up from time to time, but familiar faces are never too far away from whatever project he’s currently working on. Thus, with his upcoming “Haywire,” while it mostly features a number of folks working with him for the first time – Gina Carano, Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Michael Fassbender, Bill Paxton – it’s based on a script from Lem Dobbs (“Kafka,” “The Limey“) and powering the whole thing along is a score by David Holmes.
The electronic musician and composer has delivered some of the most memorable scores for Soderbergh’s films, including the entire “Ocean’s Eleven” trilogy as well as the top notch soundtrack for “Out of Sight.” He’s back for “Haywire” and the results are no less sublime. A healthy eight-minute preview has now hit the web, and it’s worth a spin to get a taste of what he conjures up here, which moves and builds like something you might see out of classic ’70s cinema, but still imbued with a contemporary flavor. The “Haywire” soundtrack will be available digitally on January 17 – the full tracklist is below.
And if that’s not enough to sate your appetite, two more clips from the film have been unleashed along with a plethora of new images. Check ’em all out and see “Haywire” when it opens nationwide on January 20.
“Haywire” Soundtrack Tracklist
01. Haywire – David Holmes
02. Upstate NYC – David Holmes
03. Barcelona – David Holmes
04. Stakeout – David Holmes
05. Let’s Get Jiang – David Holmes
06. Delivering Jiang – David Holmes
07. Dublin – David Holmes
08. Sniffing Around – David Holmes
09. The Drive Rossbourgh – David Holmes
10. Looking For Clues – David Holmes
11. Jiang’s Dead – David Holmes
12. Shot In The Face – David Holmes
13. Dublin Chase – David Holmes
14. Against All Odds – David Holmes
15. Against All Odds Pt. 2 – David Holmes
16. The Ship Comes In – David Holmes
17. No Eye Dear – David Holmes
18. Where’s Kenneth – David Holmes