FINALLY on Blu-ray… Spike Lee's Malcolm X.
It was released on January 31st, and if you haven't already picked up your copy, consider entering the S&A Blu-ray giveaway and ya just might win 1 of 3 discs that we've been granted to give away.
Priced at about $30, the 2-disc Blu-ray set includes a few extras like:
– Commentary with Spike Lee, cinematographer Ernest Dickerson, editor Barry Alexander Brown, and costume designer Ruth Carter
– By Any Means Necessary: The Making of Malcolm X documentary
– Deleted scenes with introduction by Spike Lee
– Bonus DVD – 1972's Academy Award-nominated documentary Malcolm X
– 40-page book containing production photos from and information on the film, which starred Denzel Washington as Malcolm X.
So, pretty much the same extras you'd get on the 2-disc DVD.
What do you have to do to enter the contest?
Simple – read Manning Marables 2011 tome on Malcolm X and write an essay on a topic of your choosing from within the book :)
JOKING! Jeez… relax.
But really, that book should be on your reading list if you haven't already read it.
Anyway so here's all I ask of you – submit your answers to these 3 questions to my email address (email@example.com) with the words "Malcolm X Giveaway" in the subject line:
1 – In what 2 Oscar categories was the film nominated?
2 – Angela Bassett also played Betty Shabazz in what other film?
3 – In the film's opening sequence, what infamous video is being played along with Malcolm's/Denzel's speech?
That's it! Again, email me your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "Malcolm X Giveaway" in the subject line.
You have until Tuesday, February 21 at Noon Eastern Standard Time!
I will then randomly select 3 winners from all the correct responses I get and announce on the site that afternoon. PLEASE don't submit your responses in the comment section below. Send them to me as instructed.