“DigiTraining Plus: European Cinemas Experiencing New Technologies”, taking place in Amsterdam from 29 August to 2 September 2012:
- -the presentation of the Dutch initiative Cinema Digitaal,
- -the pictures on the building progress on the EYE Film Institute’s headquarters, which will host the course;
- -the column “All different, all digital” describing the Teatro Cinema Pedretti in Morbegno, Italy;·
- -the column “Women in digital cinema” hosting an article by Isabel García (ACEC – Area Catalana d’Exhibició Cinematogràfica);·
- -the section “News on digitalisation worldwide”.
Elisabetta Brunella, Secretary General, Founded in 1991, MEDIA Salles operates in the framework of the European Union’s MEDIA Programme with the support of the Italian Government. The Association has always placed the promotion of European films through information and training specifically for cinema exhibitors at the centre of its mission.
In the field of information, MEDIA Salles provides statistics on trends in cinema-going for all European countries and the leading world markets. This service has been joined, over the past few years, by a census of Europe’s digital cinemas and the elaboration of data and trends in digitalization internationally.
As regards training, in 2011 the eighth edition was held of the only course offered by the MEDIA Programme to deal with the new technologies from the perspective of the movie theatres: “DigiTraining Plus: European Cinemas Experiencing New Technologies”.
In addition, MEDIA Salles’ Facebook page provides professional players and all those interested with a time to market on the international distribution of Italian films, complete with dates and countries of release and other useful information.