The Austin Film Festival, running October 18-25, announces their first round of conference panels and panelists. An interview with screenwriter Damon Lindelof ("Prometheus"), an incendiary "DC vs. Marvel" panel and a presentation on scene transitions by screenwriter Terry Rossio of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise are all part of the events lineup.
Also included in the conference are "Essentials for an Effective Scene," "Crowdfunding Your Indie Film," a special writers' room roundtable, and specific panels on writing spy movies, reboots and video games.
Check out the full-up lineup of conferences and panelists for the Austin Film Festival here.
Aside from Lindelof and Rossio, some of the other impressive newly confirmed panelists include:
• Kent Alterman, Head of Original Programming and Production for Comedy Central
• Shane Black, writer/director IRON MAN 3, KISS KISS BANG BANG, writer
THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, LETHAL WEAPON
• Paul Feig, director BRIDESMAIDS, The Office, Arrested Development,
creator Freaks and Geeks, writer/director I AM DAVID
• Sacha Gervasi, director HITCHCOCK, writer/director MY DINNER WITH
HERVE, ANVIL: THE STORY OF ANVIL, writer THE TERMINAL
• Kari Lizer, creator/ep The New Adventures of Old Christine,
writer/ep Will & Grace
• Nancy Pimental, writer Shameless, South Park
• Elizabeth Sarnoff, writer/ep Lost, Alcatraz, Deadwood
• Paul Simms, writer The Flight of the Conchords, NewsRadio, The Larry
Sanders Show, Late Night with David Letterman
• Juliet Snowden & Stiles White, writers THE POSSESSION, KNOWING, BOOGEYMAN
• Rob Thomas, creator/writer Veronica Mars, Cupid, Party Down, writer
• James Vanderbilt, writer ZODIAC, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, THE RUNDOWN