Film Independent has named nineteen filmmakers and nine projects for its 10th annual Fast Track program. The recipients were announced at the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation reception on June 18. Fast Track is sponsored by the Foundation as well as Kodak and Millenium Entertaiment and takes place during the festival as a three-day intensive where filmmakers are connected with financiers, production companies, agents and other industry pros who can assist in getting their projects moving.
The chosen projects and filmmakers participating in the 2012 Fast Track are below:
1. C.O.G. – Producer Cookie Carosella, Co-Writer/Director Kyle Patrick Alvarez. Kyle won the Someone to Watch Award at the 2010 Film Independent Spirit Awards, and both were nominated for Best First Feature for Easier with Practice.
2. Dancing in Jaffa – Director/Producer Hilla Medalia, Producer Diane Nabatoff. The film was also selected for Film Independent’s annual Documentary Lab.
3. A Killing Frost – Director/Producer Jennifer Arnold, Writer Katherine Ruppe. Jennifer has been in Film Independent’s Fast Track program before and is a Directors Lab Fellow. Katherine workshopped A Killing Frost in Film Independent’s Screenwriting Lab.
4. Lee – Producers Mollye Asher, Angela C. Lee. Angela participated in the 2011 Producing Lab and Fast Track. Recipient of Millenium's $10,000 grant.
5. Revenge Fuck – Producer Dante Di Loreto, Writer/Director Jessica Sharzer. Jessica was in the 2003 Directors Lab.
6. Studio H – Producer Christine O’Malley, Director Patrick Creadon. Patrick has served on a jury for the Los Angeles Film Festival in the past.
7. Tokyo Cannonball Rising Sun – Producer Brandon Harris, Co-Writer/Director Malcolm Murray. Malcolm had his first feature-length documentary Camera, Camera in the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival.
8. Unmanned – Producers Casey Fenton, Peter W. Singer, Writer/Director Casey Cooper Johnson. Casey Cooper Johnson participated in the 2012 Directing Lab. Recipient of the Sloan Foundation's $15,000 grant, for a film about science and technology.
9. Untitled Gay Retiree Documentary – Producer Sara Guistini, Director PJ Raval. PJ is also a Film Independent Documentary Lab Fellow. Sara and PJ had their documentary Trinidad premiere at the Los Angeles Film Festival.
Fast Track is free to accepted filmmakers, and upon completion, participants become Film Independent Fellows, and receive year-round support, including access to Film Independent’s annual film educational offerings, on-staff Filmmaker Advisor, and the Los Angeles Film Festival. For detailed information on the filmmakers and projects in Fast Track and past/current Film Independent Fellows, visit the online FIND Talent Guide.