Despite the fact that it got disappointing reviews, calling it the weakest Pixar entry since Cars (and maybe even weaker than that), Brave (a film I admit I couldn’t even feign an interest in watching, like curling) was, no surprise, the No. 1 film this weekend, and is expected to do extremely well at the box office like all other Pixar films.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer was, on the other hand, not so surprisingly, a box office disappointment, and negative word of mouth guarantees that it won’t be around much longer.
Meanwhile The Avengers just keeps going and going and going, now just under the $600 million domestic mark:
1) Brave BV $66,739,000
2) Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted P/DW $20,200,000 Total: $157,574,000
3) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Fox $16,500,000
4) Prometheus Fox $10,000,000 Total: $108,547,000
5) Rock of Ages WB (NL) $8,000,000 Total: $28,763,000
6) Snow White and the Huntsman Uni.$8,000,000 Total: $137,100,000
7) That’s My Boy Sony $7,900,000 Total: $28,180,000
8) Marvel’s The Avengers BV $7,040,000 Total: $598,300,000
9) MIB 3 Sony $5,600,000 Total: $163,339,000
10) Seeking a Friend for the End of the World Focus $3,836,000
11) Moonrise Kingdom Focus $3,411,000 Total: $11,625,000
12) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel FoxS $1,615,000 Total: $38,370,000
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.