“The same way that this cast is diverse… it’s the same thing with the music…“
RZA said in an interview 2 months, in reference to the soundtrack for his upcoming feature film directorial debut, The Man With The Iron Fist.
As announced in a post lat month, the soundtrack will include tracks from: The Black Keys, Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa, My Chemical Romance, Chinese Cantopop (Cantonese pop music) singer Sally Yeh, composer Howard Drossin, some Wu-Tang originals, which he said were gutted and re-orchestrated.
Also he said that Stax Records jumped on-board and handed over several famous songs from their library, by the likes of soul singer/song writer William Bell, Isaac Hayes, blues vocalist Mabel John, and others; and he took all these songs, stripped them down, and re-orchestrated them.
“It’s a great ride!” he said. You could feel his excitement for the soundtrack in that interview, which will be released commercially in 4 days, October 22.
But before that, you can stream the entire album, which has been released online, and is embedded below.
In addition to the aforementioned artists, it’ll also include new tracks from Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Pusha T, Raekwon, Talib Kweli, and Flatbush Zombies.
The film will be out in the USA on November 2.
Here’s the strea (the full track listing is underneath):
01. The Black Keys / RZA – “The Baddest Man Alive”
02. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P / Pharoahe Monch – “Black Out”
03. Kanye West – “White Dress”
04. The Revelations / Tre Williams – “I Forgot To Be Your Lover”
05. Talib Kweli / RES – “Get Your Way (Sex as a Weapon)”
06. Raekwon / Ghostface Killah / Kool G. Rap – “Rivers of Blood”
07. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / StreetLife – “Built for This”
08. 24 Carat Black – “Poverty’s Paradise”
09. Killa Sin – “The Archer”
10. RZA / Flatbush Zombies – “Just Blowin’ In The Wind”
12. Corinne Bailey Rae “Chains”
13. Pusha T / Raekwon – “Tick Tock”
14. Frances Yip – “Green is the Mountain”
15. The Wu-Tang Clan – “Six Directions of Boxing”
16. Mabel John – “Your Good Thing Is About To End”