The Alamo Drafthouse is well known for its strict "No Talking, No Texting" policy (remember when they evicted someone for using her phone during a movie, then posted the customer's angry voicemail on YouTube for the world to mock?), so it doesn't come as much of a surprise that they're looking to you — yes, you! — to create a new PSA to screen before movies at their locations nationwide. The best part? If they pick yours, you'll receive a $1,000 Visa gift card for your troubles.
In case you're down for the challenge, here are the rules and guidelines per the theater chain:
- Your video must have the "Don't Talk or Text During Movies" theme.
- Your video must contain the Alamo Drafthouse logo, which can be found here
- Your video must be suitable for audiences PG-13 or under, no nudity or profanity.
- Your video cannot have any violence or weapons present.
- Your video should be no longer than 60 seconds in length.
- Video submissions must be entered by November 21, 2012
All submissions will be posted on Badass Digest, the pop culture site of Alamo Drafthouse, for viewing and voting until 12:00pm CST on November 28. Audience votes will determine the winning submission in each Alamo Drafthouse market: Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Kansas City and Winchester. The winners from each market will win a $200 Alamo gift card and will see their PSA screen in their respective location. A panel will decide on the final winner. You can read all the submission rules and guidelines and submit your film here.
If that all sounds a tad complicated, then watch Alamo Drafthouse's contest video below that breaks it down: