The Hollywood Reporter announced their inaugural list of Hollywood’s 25 Most Powerful Authors. They based the selection of living authors on how successful they’ve been in getting their work adapted for the screen, their success in publishing and both their Hollywood and cultural clout.
9 women are included on the list of 25, 3 in the top 10.
Here are the women authors with their ranking:
(4) E.L. James – Fifty Shades of Grey
(5) Suzanne Collins – The Hunger Games
(10) Stephenie Meyer –The Twilight Saga
(11) J.K. Rowling—Harry Potter
(14) Charlaine Harris—Sookie Stackhouse novels
(19) Laura Hillenbrand—Seabiscuit
(21) Candace Bushnell—Sex and the City
(25) Sara Shepard—Pretty Little Liars
Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Authors (The Hollywood Reporter)