WaterTower Music has revealed details of the soundtrack album for the upcoming Jackie Robinson biopic, 42.
Warner Bros set an official release date of April 12, 2013 for the film that Brian Helgeland directed for Legendary Pictures.
Also Harrison Ford co-stars as Branch Rickey – the Brooklyn Dodgers manager who made history by signing Robinson as the first black player in the history of the Major League Baseball organization.
The film’s soundtrack (which, by the way, doesn’t include the Jay-Z track you’ve heard in all the film’s trailers – Brooklyn Go Hard – although, it is an old track, and you can buy and download it anytime if you want to – or any Jay-Z music) features songs from the film by artists, Wynonie Harris, Spade Cooley, Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole Trio, Duke Ellington, Hank Williams, Count Basie, Sister Wynona Carr and Melora Hardin, as well as a track from the movie’s original score composed by Mark Isham.
The soundtrack will be released on April 9, 2013.
But in the meantime, you can listen to samples of each track at WaterTower Music’ website HERE.
Here’s the album track list:
1. Good Rockin’ Tonight – Wynonie Harris
2. Shame On You – Spade Cooley
3. Moon Glow – Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
4. Begin The Beguine – Melora Hardin
5. Lover Man (Oh, Where Can He Be?) – Billie Holiday
6. Panama – The Lecuona Cuban Boys
7. Straighten Up And Fly Right – Nat King Cole Trio
8. Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – Duke Ellington
9. Move It On Over – Hank Williams
10. I’m Gonna Move To The Outskirts of Town – Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
11. The Ball Game – Sister Wynona Carr
12. Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball? – Count Basie
13. Jackie Robinson – Mark Isham