Rob Zombie is back behind the camera for his first feature since 2009’s “The Haunted World of El Superbeasto,” and if early word is anything to go by, his intensity and ability to scare hasn’t weakened one bit. When we caught it at TIFF we said in our review that it’s “compelling as it is because it’s driven by a creeping…sense of atmospheric dread.” And while the soundtrack for his trippy witch movie will undoubtedly help that tone…it will also be funky….
Alongside the score cuts by John 5 & Griffin Boyce, there’s Manfred Mann‘s “Blinded By The Light” and Rick James‘ “Give It To Me Baby” providing some FM flavor. And going further back, two classic cuts by The Velvet Underground. And if you need to get your prog rock on, Rush‘s seminal “Spirit Of The Radio” is here too.
1. Open Wide The Gates
2. The Curse Of Margaret Morgan (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
3. Blinded By The Light (Manfred Mann)
4. No Person In Number Five
5. A Special Child (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
6. Our Philosophy
7. Crushing The Ritual (Leviathan The Fleeing Serpent)
8. Give It To Me Baby (Rick James)
9. Ladies Choice
10. The Spirit Of Radio (Rush)
11. Smash Or Trash
12. The Lords Theme (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
13. Salem Rocks
14. Venus In Furs (The Velvet Underground)
15. Three Sisters (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
16. You Know What I Think?
17. I’ll Always Know (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
18. Apartment Five
19. Lords Hear Us
20. All Tomorrow’s Parties (The Velvet Underground)
21. WIQZ News