The Tribeca Film Festival (April 17-28) has announced the creation of a new award, the Nora Ephron Prize. The $25,000 award will recognize a woman writer or director with a distinctive voice who embodies the spirit and vision of writer-director Ephron (1941-2012).
The inaugural prize, called “the Nora,” will be presented at the TFF Women Filmmakers Brunch on April 25. It will be given to a woman whose film is making its North American, International or World Premiere at the Tribeca fest.
This year, the eight filmmakers eligible for the Nora are:
- Laurie Collyer, Sunlight Jr.
- Steph Green, Run and Jump
- Jenee LaMarque, The Pretty One
- Meera Menon, Farah Goes Bang
- Mo Ogrodnik, Deep Powder
- Marina de Van, Dark Touch
- Jane Weinstock, The Moment
- Enid Zentelis, Bottled Up