Nickelodeon announced today it will host the first-ever SpongeBob Fan Shellabration at Universal Studios Hollywood next weekend in Los Angeles, Sept. 7th-8th. The two-day “Shellabration” event will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and include a live script-read of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode featuring the series voice cast; a screening of the winning videos from the inaugural SpongeBob SquareShorts: Original Fan Tributes competition; an exhibit of fan-created SpongeBob SquarePants inspired art; a first of its kind SpongeBob Toyota concept car; a live musical performance by Tom Kenny (voice of SpongeBob) and more.
From the official press release:
Admission to the SpongeBob Fan Shellabration is included in the price of admission to Universal Studios Hollywood. “SpongeBob SquarePants is one of the most iconic characters of our generation and is beloved by fans around the world,” said Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer, Nickelodeon Group. “We are thrilled to be partnering with Universal Studios Hollywood to give the fans an amazing, one-of-a-kind SpongeBob SquarePants experience.”At Nickelodeon’s inaugural SpongeBob Fan Shellabration event at Universal Studios Hollywood, guests will be able to:
- Watch a live script read of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode featuring the voice talents of Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick Star), Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton), and Rodger Bumpass (Squidward).
- Collect autograph stamps and take photos with the full cast of costumed characters, including SpongeBob, Patrick, Pearl, Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Mrs. Puff.
- Screen the winning and other exclusive submissions from the inaugural SpongeBob SquareShorts competition; a global competition that encouraged SpongeBob fans to create and submit original tribute films, across all genres.
- Visit the “Bikini Bottom Gallery” art exhibit of fan-created SpongeBob inspired art curated by Gallery Nucleus. Some of the art was featured in the gallery’s “Nautical Nonsense: A Tribute to SpongeBob SquarePants,” which ran from July 27-August 11.
- See the new Toyota Highlander SpongeBob concept car, which will be making a pit stop at the Shellabration, following a cross country road trip. For more information on where you can see the SpongeBob concept car this summer visit www.nick.com/highlander.
- Sing along at a live musical performance featuring Tom Kenny and the High Seas performing live from the Universal Plaza Stage.
- Play along with fellow fans at “SpongeBob’s FAN-Tastic Trivia Party,” where players can test their knowledge of all things Bikini Bottom for a chance to win exclusive prizes.
- Receive a free mini-poster that features all of the characters from Bikini Bottom (limited quantity, while supplies last).
- Enjoy face painting, character drawings and a SpongeBob Skill Crane.