“Thanks for Sharing” has been on our radar for the last few months. The story of a sex addict (Mark Ruffalo) and the woman he tries to make a relationship with will finally be coming to theaters, in limited release on September 20th. It just grazed the honorable mentions of the ten must-see movies of September, and while writer Kevin Jagernauth was unimpressed with its “thin” and “conventional” storytelling, he was surprised by actors Mark Ruffalo and Gwyneth Paltrow. His original review from the Toronto International Film Festival can be found here.
With the movie around the corner, the soundtrack details are and it includes a pretty diverse mix of tracks from indie staples The Mountain Goats and St. Vincent to veterans Elvis Costello and Billy Bragg to one hit wonders The Heavy. While a release date has yet to be announced, the studio will also be putting out the movie’s score, composed by Christopher Lennertz on a separate release.
The soundtrack for “Thanks for Sharing” will be available where music is sold on September 17th; the film opens in limited release on September 20th. [Film Music Reporter]
“Thanks For Sharing” Soundtrack Tracklisting
1. Streetwalking – Craig Wedren
2. How You Like Me Now? – The Heavy
3. Easy – The Peach Kings
4. Let Me Tell You About Her – Elvis Costello
5. This Year – The Mountain Goats
6. Perfect Moment – Darden Smith
7. Damaged – Kathryn Gallagher
8. Year of the Tiger – St. Vincent
9. Parenthesis – The Antlers
10. Tender Comrade – Billy Bragg
11. Hero – Family of the Year
12. Thanks for Sharing Suite – Christopher Lennertz