1. Kickstarter Year in Review: It was a good year for filmmakers crowd funding on Kickstarter — 9,516 film projects launched with $79,305,924 dollars pledged to film projects and at least 100 Kickstarter-funded films released in theaters, digitally or on television in 2013, according to figures from the crowd funding site. Read more about milestones from the year in Kickstarter.
2. Most Searched Electronics: Bing ranked the most-searched entertainment electronics of 2013. Xbox topped the list, which also included iPhone and PlayStation. See the full list over at Mashable.
3. Digital Media Faces to Watch in 2014: The Los Angeles Times compiled a list of “faces to watch” in digital media in 2014, including Nancy Tellem, Microsoft’s president of entertainment and digital media and Hulu chief executive Mike Hopkins. Read their full list here.
4. Studios on Facebook: Our friends at CraftTruck analyze the major film studios’ Facebook presence and report on what’s working and what’s not. Read “6 Things Studios Do Right (and Wrong) on Facebook) here.
5. Best Viral Videos of 2013: From the Harlem Shake and Channing Tatum’s “Epic Split” to the Carrie “Telekinetic Coffee Shop” Surprise, Co. Create picks their favorite viral videos of 2013. We can only hope that with the new year, we all pledge to no longer ask the question: “What Does the Fox Say?” Check out the list (with videos) here.