YouTube’s importance at Sundance grows every year. This year, they held free workshops on how to maximize your use of YouTube. Here is the latest schedule of YouTube on Main Street events and press assets, please visit google site ytsundance2014 or Twitter at #YouTubeSundance.
YouTube offered film fans access to the 2014 Sundance Film Festival both on and offline through several initiatives including:
YOUTUBE ON MAIN STREET (596 Main Street, Park City, UT 84060)
Open January 16-25, 2014 at various times. Warm up at “YouTube on Main Street,” the place for the creative community to convene for must-see panels, happy hours, film receptions, screenings, talks and DJ sets. Free Wi-Fi and drinks are available to badge holders when programs are not in session.
Daily Events at YouTube on Main Street:
- “LIVE @ SUNDANCE” ON THE SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL Live daily from January 17-24, 2014 at 11am MST at
www.youtube.com/sff. Whetheryou’re in Park City or Phuket, you can check out the best of the fest daily with “Live @ Sundance.” The one-hour talk show will air live daily at 11am MST January 17-24, 2014 from “YouTube on Mainstreet” on the sff (Sundance Film Festival) YouTube channel. The show will feature guest hosts Shira Lazar,Casey Neistat andJimmy Conrad, filmmaker interviews, the latest news from the festival, exclusive sneak peeks and more.
- Yoga (Jan. 17-24; 7:30-9am MST) – Breathe and ease into warrior pose at these daily yoga sessions. Cassey Ho, star of the popular blogilates channel on YouTube, will lead these classes on January 17-21 Free and open to the public.
- How and Why to Use YouTube Panel (Jan. 22; 2-3pm MST) – Hear from independent filmmaker Casey Neistat about how he successfully uses YouTube to distribute his films and build an audience. Free and open to the public.
- YouTube on Main Street and Paste Afternoon Showcase (Jan. 22; 3- 6pm MST) Paste Magazine’s Josh Jackson will introduce performances by Sleeping at Last, Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon, Michael Tolcher, and Carina Round. Press RSVP recommended.
- YouTube Party (Jan. 22; 9pm-1am MST) Includes Dj set by MICK By invitation only
- Next and Midnight Cocktails (Jan. 23; 9:30-11pm MST) By invitation only
- They Came Together Film Reception (Jan. 24; 6:30-8:30pm MST) – A reception for the world premiere of the romantic comedy. Includes a live Google+ Hangout with talent from the film including Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd. By invitation only.Film Contact: Shelby Kimlick – firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUTUBE PRESENTS THE 2014 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL SHORT FILM PROGRAM As the presenting sponsor of the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Short Film Program, YouTube will help showcase some of the official shorts in competition on the sff (Sundance Film Festival) YouTube channel. For a complete list of this year’s short films, please visit Sundance.org. Additionally, Sundance audiences will be exposed to some of the best content on YouTube with select videos from popular YouTube channels to run before short film screenings at the festival.
YOUTUBE AUDIENCE AWARD
On Saturday, January 25, 2014, the YouTube Audience Award will be presented at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony to a short film in competition that garners the most amount of views on YouTube between January 16-24, 2014. Check out the films on the sff (Sundance Film Festival) YouTube channel or click here.
The Sundance Institute selected 15 films eligible for this award from this year’s competition that include:
Directed by Drew Christie
4 min, U S A
A humorous animated ‘Op-Doc’ explores the rich history of adaptation, plagiarism, and other forms of appropriation in art.
Directed by Musa Syeed
5 min, U S A/Yemen
When a young Yemeni boy ventures out of his cramped apartment and finds a key to the empty mansion down the street, he lets himself and his imagination run wild in the big house.
Directed by Magnus Mork
11 min, Norway/United Kingdom
It’s late night in a burger bar.
Directed by Dean Fleischer-Camp
13 min, U S A
Catherine returns to work after a hiatus.
Directed by Matthew Lessner
13 min, U S A
Levi Gold is paid an unexpected visit by Robin, a door-to-door salesman with nothing to sell. The ensuing encounter forces Levi to confront his true mystical calling, and the nature of reality itself. A metaphysical comedy trip-out with Sun Araw.
Crime The Animated Series (Marcus McGhee)
Directed by Alix Lambert and Sam Chou
4 min, U S A/Canada
From Bank robbers to cops to victims to observers, Crime: The Animated Series explores how crime affects us all. The series is dark, compelling, heartbreaking, and yes – sometimes funny.
Cruising Electric (1980)
1 min, U S A
The marketing department green-lights a red-light tie-in: 60 lost seconds of modern movie merchandising.
Directed by Toby Halbrooks
10 min, U S A
A young girl watches her father dig a hole in their backyard. Mystified about his purpose, the neighborhood comes to watch.
Directed by Andre Hyland
7 min, U S A
A man’s car breaks down and sends him on a quest across town that slowly turns into the most fantastically mundane adventure.
Directed by Janicza Bravo
17 min, U S A
A paraplegic man leaves home for the first time only to discover that life in the outside world is not the way he had imagined it.
Directed by Daniel Moshel
4 min, Austria
George Bizet`s “Habanera” from Carmen has been reinterpreted and enhanced with electronic sounds for MeTube, a homage to thousands of ambitious YouTube users and video bloggers, and gifted and less gifted self-promoters on the Internet.
Directed by Peter Middleton and James Spinney
13 min, United Kingdom
In 1983, writer and theologian John Hull became blind. To help make sense of his loss, he began keeping an audio diary. Encompassing dreams, memories, and his imaginative life, Notes on Blindness immerses the viewer in Hull’s experience of blindness.
Directed by Louis Morton
4 min, U S A
An animated city symphony celebrates the hidden world of background noise.
Directed by Todd Rohal
19 min, U S A
A Sammy Davis, Jr. impersonator, hired to visit with a loyal Rat Pack fan, finds himself delivering last rights at the boy’s bedside.
Directed by Joe Callander
2 min, U S A
Love is swapping clips with your spouse