1. Oscars: Of course, we’ve got our own bets about who will and should win awards on Sunday night, but the internet predicts “The Wolf of Wall Street” will take home the Academy Award for Best Picture, Mashable reports based on analysis of social chatter via The Meltwater Group.
2. Apple TV: Speaking at Apple’s annual shareholder meeting, Apple chief Tim Cook said the company sold more than $1 billion worth of Apple TV set-top boxes or at least 10 million units. Meanwhile, amid rumors that Apple will launch a new and improved Apple TV in April, customers who buy an Apple TV over the next week at one of the tech giant’s retail stores will reportedly receive a $25 iTunes gift card, The Los Angeles reports.
3. Dailymotion: With online media platforms like Hulu and Netflix delving into original programming (with the latter making an especially big splash in the last year), more platforms were bound to jump on the bandwagon. The latest to make the leap is video site Dailymotion, which has just announced the financing and development of its first original series in partnership with world-class chef and restaurateur Mario Batali, titled “Feedback Kitchen.” Read more about the new series here.
4. Stream These: Ahead of tomorrow’s Independent Spirit Awards, SnagFilms has curated a selection of past Spirit Award nominees available to stream for free online. Check it out here.
5. Netflix: Nodding off while watching Netflix? Now thanks to an in-house hack at Netflix, a Fitbit can determine when you’ve fallen asleep during a streaming movie and pause the service at that moment. Check out the video below to see how it works (h/t TechCrunch):