1. Top Indies in iTunes: Each Monday we present you with the most up-to-date list of the top
10 (indie) movies in the iTunes store, combining rentals and purchases.
Fueled by Oscar buzz, in its first week on the list, Focus Features’
“Dallas Buyers Club” landed in the #1 spot. See the full list here.
2. Cheapest 4K Camera: Think you can’t afford a 4K digital production camera? Think again. The
highly anticipated Production Camera 4K
is now shipping — and here’s the good news. Blackmagic has dropped the
initial $4,000 price more than $1,000 to make the camera more
accessible to filmmakers at $2,995, Blackmagic Design announced today.
The new pricing makes the camera the cheapest 4K pro camera on the
market — at least for the moment. Read more here.
3. Indieflix: Unlike most other distribution companies, IndieFlix operates on a Royalty Pool Minutes (RPM) platform, which pays
filmmakers based on how many minutes their films are viewed on various
devices instead of a flat licensing fee. Read more about the IndieFlix platform here.
4. Ken Burns App: You know Ken Burns, the documentarian behind PBS standards like “The Civil War,”
“Baseball,” “Jazz” and the more recent “The Central Park Five?” He’s launched a new iPad app today covering over two centuries
of American history through selected clips from his film library. You
can find the Ken Burns App here. Read more about the app here.
5. “Blank: A Vinylmation Love Story:” Disney Interactive has produced “Blank: A Vinylmation Love Story,” a love story featuring Disney’s line of Vinylmation figures. The original stop-motion animated short (38-minute) film will be released exclusively through Google Play. Check out the trailer below: