Our friend, Gary Meyer, Senior Curator of Telluride Film Festival has launched a new project! It involves three things most people we know know enjoy —
the name reflects that passion: EatDrinkFilms.com
It is starting out most specifically for the San Francisco and Bay Area but some material will be of interest elsewhere. If it is successful it might
expand to other cities.
The plan also includes the EatDrinkFilms Festival in 2015 which will play the Bay Area and then tour within a short time frame with filmmakers and food
people via Skype. Theaters booking it will want to do local events with restaurants, etc.
This online magazine will be published weekly and curated with two or three original stories in each category, sometimes crossing the line as we have in
the first issue with Meredith Brody’s wonderful article about having dinner with the directors of the new movie The Galapagos Affair, Dayna Goldfine and Dan Geller. They discuss the movie and the food they are enjoying.
We have exclusive excerpts from the new books Forest Feast from Erin Gleeson and The $11 Billion Year by Anne Thompson, a few
recipes, how to enjoy the Cider Summit in Berkeley and Gary offers his personal picks of movies to see at the San Francisco International Film Festival.
In coming issues you can expect:
* “Dueling Critics” -Selected new movies reviewed by two different writers
* Stories about special film events and festivals
* Good writers, new and established, offering surprising stories and ideas
* Local food and drink reviews
* Secret Restaurant offering tested recipes by Peter Moore using in-season ingredients fresh from the local Farmers’ Markets
* The Eat & Drink-Ubator taking you behind-the-scenes of new products and how they came to exist
And much more. Expect surprises.
The site is in a beta format as we work to improve the look and layout. But we wanted to get this to you as soon as possible.
Please take a look at EatDrinkFilms and sign up to be alerted when each new edition is posted. We will not share
your info with anyone and promise not to clutter your inbox.
We hope that you have a good time and will let us know your thoughts and ideas.
Maybe you want to contribute too. Send us your thoughts to