The Athena Film Festival is currently accepting submissions until September 15, 2014, for its sixth annual event.
Located at Barnard College in Manhattan, the Athena Film Festival is an engaging weekend of feature films, documentaries and shorts that highlight women’s leadership in real life and the fictional world. The four-day festival, which includes conversations with directors and Hollywood stars and workshops for filmmakers, has quickly established itself as one of the most prestigious festivals of its kind.
To submit your film, visit the submissions page at the festival’s site — but not before reviewing the requirements:
What Athena Looks For:
Documentaries, Features and Shorts that:
- Reveal the diverse narratives of women leaders from all walks of life — narratives of ambition, courage, strength and resilience.
- Showcase women leaders who help us interpret the reality of the modern world — captivating stories of truth, determination, innovation and vision.
- Highlight the talents of emerging artists — capturing a new generation’s take on what truly makes exemplary women leaders.
Keep In Mind:
- All films must feature a female in a leadership position at the center of the story.
- Films may be directed by a person or people of any gender.
- Films that are directed by women but do not focus on female leadership will not be considered.
Disclosure: Women and Hollywood’s Melissa Silverstein is the co-founder and Artistic Director of the Athena Film