The Athena Film Festival is seeking an outgoing and creative individual to serve as the Outreach Coordinator for the 2015 Festival (Feb. 5-8, 2015). The Outreach Coordinator works collaboratively with the Athena team to plan, execute, and assess a variety of outreach and marketing efforts, including social media campaigns.
JOB START DATE: November 15, 2014
JOB END DATE: February 15, 2015
STIPEND: $6,000, no benefits included
LOCATION: New York City
The Athena Film Festival Outreach Coordinator plans and implements outreach activities aimed to increase overall awareness of the festival as well as ticket sales. Other goals include increasing our social media presence, and partner organizations. The Outreach Coordinator will utilize online tools (emails and social media) as well as phone to connect with like-minded organizations, businesses or foundations that may be interested in being a partner to the festival. The Outreach Coordinator will also be required to maintain an updated social media presence during the weekend of the Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, solicit, and expand upon an already existing database of partners, sponsors and like-minded organizations.
- Conduct targeted outreach to partner organizations and coordinate distribution of promotional materials.
- Maintain accurate records on organizations contacted and other statistics.
- Manage social media outlets by curating content and writing posts.
- Attend scheduled festival meetings.
- Complete post-festival written wrap report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with online outreach, marketing, community outreach, and/or public relations.
- In-depth knowledge of social media tool including: google drive, facebook, twitter, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, and instagram
- Experience and competence communicating and working with professionals and diverse groups within the general public, including undergraduate and graduate students
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience within the media/film industry desired, but not necessary
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to pitch the Festival at a moment’s notice
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Coordinator can work off-site for the majority of the term. They will be required to attend Athena meetings at least once a month with increasing frequency in January, 2015. Must be available to work the entire Film Festival weekend, Feb. 5-8, 2015.
Please send cover letter with résumé (electronically) by September 15 to:
Early applications encouraged. No phone calls, please.