Since 2002, this double event jointly organized by the festivals of Toulouse and San Sebastián, presents an annual selection of 12 works-in-progress in two sessions: 6 films in Toulouse in march and 6 films in San Sebastián in September.
Films in progress promotes the cooperation between the producers of the selected works-in-progress and European partners to make the films reach screens and audiences across the world. With more than 400 professionals, among the most influential on the European and international level, taking part each year to these two sessions, Films in Progress is the unmissable and strategic meeting point with Latin American films and professionals connected to Latin America.
In the last years, Films in Progress have contributed efficiently to the finalization, difusion and commercialization of the most remarkable Latin American films: “Tony Manero” by Pablo Larraín, “Gloria” by Sebastián Lelio, “Sangre” by Amat Escalante, “Clandestine Childhood” by Benjamín Ávila, “La Sirga” by William Vega, “La Playa” by Juan Andrés Arango, “Bad Hair“ by Mariana Rondón, “Historia del Miedo” by Benjamin Naishtat, “To Kill a Man“ by Alejandro Fernández Almendras…
Film in Progress is a label that generates trust between the community of professionals from both sides of Atlantic Ocean.
- Toulouse Films in Progress Award consists of 58.850 € of post-production services to be done in France, offered by prestigious organizations: a grant from the CNC, a residence in Paris by the CCAS, sound post-production by Mactari, technical works from Titra TVS, color correction program by Firefly, auditorium and material for calibration from Commune Image and the coordination of the post-production by Eaux vives.
- Ciné + Award consists in the guarantee that Cine + Broadcast will be the French distributor of the winning film. It will be purchased for 15.000 euros.
- European Distributors and Exhibitors Award consists
in the promotion of the winning film in the networks of the 130
distributors of Europa Distribution and the 2.000 members of the CICAE.
Submission of a work-in-progress
- The feature films presented must be a minority or major Latin American production
- The length of the feature film in its final version must be over 60 minutes
- The film must be at the post-production stage (minimum first cut)
- The cut that is presented for evaluation must last a minimum of 45 minutes
- The cut presented for evaluation must be subtitled in English if it is not Spanish-speaking
- There is no charge of fees for the registration
- The application must be done online: here
- Dead line : January the 30th 2015
In the case that the film is selected:
- the director and the producer have to be in Toulouse on March 25, 26 and 27 of 2015
- the film must be subtitled in English
- the screening format is Blu Ray (2 copies for back up)
The selection will be announced in early March 2015.