Our sincerest congrats to the 20 accomplished female filmmakers who have been chosen to participate in the Fox Global Directors Initiative, a new multi-year program by the studio to develop the talents and networking pools of promising women directors.
We’re especially proud that two of Women and Hollywood’s nominees, Meera Menon and Susan Youssef, made the cut. We again want to thank everyone who submitted their names to be included. And again a big thanks to Miriam Bale for helping to identify the nominees we submitted.
This is a big moment for Women and Hollywood. We are a part of making a difference and giving directors opportunities towards success. That’s incredibly exciting. We will continue to look for more opportunities to be involved with projects like this for directing as well as other disciplines.
Please join us in celebrating all the Fox fellows:
- JENNIFER ARNOLD – The Diplomat, TableTop
- SHAZ BENNETT – Alaska Is a Drag, Top of the Circle
- BERT & BERTIE – Worm, Random Acts: Big Dance 2014
- GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE – Blackfish, City Lax: An Urban Lacrosse Story
- MARTA CUNNINGHAM – Valentine Road
- CHERIEN DABIS – May in the Summer, Amreeka
- HANNAH FIDELL – A Teacher, We’re Glad You’re Here
- SYDNEY FREELAND – Drunktown’s Finest
- RACHEL LEE GOLDENBERG – Love at the Christmas Table, Escape from Polygamy
- STEPH GREEN – Run & Jump, New Boy
- MAGGIE KILEY – Dial a Prayer, Brightest Star
- KIMBERLY LEVIN – Runoff
- ISIDORA MARAS – I Am Not Lorena
- ANJA MARQUARDT – She’s Lost Control
- AMANDA MARSALIS – Echo Park
- CATALINA AGUILAR MASTRETTA – The Hours With You
- MEERA MENON – Farah Goes Bang
- VANESSA PARISE – The Wedding Chapel, Jack and Jill vs. the World
- JESSICA SANDERS – March of the Living, Los Angels
- SUSAN YOUSSEF – Habibi Rasak Kharban