It’s that time of the year, when “rewinds” in remembrance of what was, are all the rage.
Google/YouTube has released what it calls a giant, global mashup looking back at the best of 2014 on YouTube, featuring more than 100 YouTube creators from all over the world, who gathered together to help create the video, which is fun to watch!
Also revealed are the top trending videos for 2014, based on views, shares, comments, likes and more. Collectively these 10 top videos have hundreds of millions of views from creators with more than 21 million cumulative subscribers. There’s ad revenue to be made here for savvy content creators.
Here are the top 10:
1. Mutant Giant Spider Dog (SA Wardega) by SA Wardega
2. Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more by Nike Football
3. FIRST KISS by Tatia PIlieva
4. The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia – #TEAMJ-AX by TheVoiceOf Italy
5. iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test by Unbox Therapy
6. Bars & Melody – Simon Cowell’s Golden Buzzer act | Britain’s Got Talent 2014 by Britain’s Got Talent
7. Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial — “Puppy Love” by Budweiser
8. Devil Baby Attack by DevilsDueNYC
9. Goku vs Superman. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 3. by ERB
10. 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman by Street HarassmentVideo
And finally, in addition, also revealed are the 10 most played music videos, which were collectively played billions of times, from channels with 55+ million subscribers.
1. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J
2. Enrique Iglesias – Bailando (Español) ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona
3. Shakira – Can’t Remember to Forget You ft. Rihanna
4. Shakira – La La La (Brazil 2014) ft. Carlinhos Brown
5. Jason Derulo – “Wiggle” feat. Snoop Dogg (Official HD Music Video)
6. Iggy Azalea – Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX
7. Sia – Chandelier (Official Video)
8. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
9. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
10. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
Below, check out YouTube’s year in rewind mashup featuring the top content creators of the year: