This week, someone at Netflix got in some serious trouble when the third season was accidentally made available on the streaming service a couple of weeks early. It was up for about thirty minutes before it was taken down, but those who managed to start the first episode were allowed to finish it, with lots of details hitting the web, including a batch of delicious quotes. But Huffington Post grabbed arguably the juiciest tidbits — the summaries for the first ten episodes of season three. Check them out below, and duh, they might contain spoilers.
1. “A rocky start for the Underwood Presidency. Frank wants to introduce an ambitious jobs program, while Claire sets her sights on the United Nations.”
2. “Claire’s U.N. bid runs into trouble. Frank fights off mutiny with a bold address to the country.”
3. “The Russian president’s state visit becomes a cold war of wills, and some punks heat things up.”
4. “Claire bypasses Russia at the U.N. Frank tries to outmaneuver a potential challenger and ends up face to face with a higher power.”
5. “Frank declares war on Congress to jump-start his jobs program. Claire spars with the Russian Ambassador.”
6. “Frank and Claire travel to Moscow to negotiate the return of an imprisoned U.S. citizen. Claire takes a stand that jeopardizes their plans.”
7. “The damage is done and the Underwoods must repair it. But deep wounds don’t heal fast, and sometimes not at all.”
8. “A hurricane endangers more than just the entire East Coast and Frank must make a difficult choice.”
9. “The Jordan Valley erupts in chaos just as Frank’s campaign is picking up steam. Claire gets disturbing intel and counsels him.”
10. “Frank needs to deal with Petrov one on one while Claire tries to preserve the peace-keeping mission. Sacrifices must be made.”
In short, it looks like Frank and Claire’s ambitions will cause a clash, and perhaps even a rift in their own relationship. Certainly, things don’t look good in this new teaser.
“House Of Cards” is back on February 27th. Watch below.