Indiewire is growing, and we’re in search of someone awesome to make our site even better.
We are looking to hire a Product Manager for our Los Angeles office. Briefly, it’s someone who’s responsible for creating all the great stuff on Indiewire.com— from newsletters to photo galleries to minisites. It’s the daily maintenance that keeps the site and our blogs moving forward. It’s inventing things we haven’t even thought of yet.
While technical chops and experience are key, we’d love to find someone who loves everything that we do at Indiewire — movies, TV and smart ways of talking about them.
The job description is below. If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, references and salary requirements. You can also apply through LinkedIn.
Indiewire is the leading news source for independent film as well as smart coverage of Hollywood and television. Our readers are film and TV fans, filmmakers, and the movie industry. And we’re seeking an experienced and otherwise stellar product manager.
The ideal candidate is always thinking of ways to improve everything, is never without at least two solutions to a problem, and swiftly documents ideas with clarity and vision. Based in Silverlake, we are a small and passionate team. We’re all proactive self starters; you are, too.
This is a contract position with market-rate compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Analyze and articulate emerging technologies and market trends.
- Analyze consumer needs and competitors to determine the features that meet business requirements and address key opportunities.
- Identify and analyze data using tools such as Google Analytics and heatmapping
- Gather, synthesize, and prioritize market needs and business requirements.
- Work closely with Editorial and Sales to map out the features that accomplish business goals.
- Create detailed product requirements and lead product definition and design.
- Deliverables include wireframes, traffic reports, market research documents, detailed product specifications and product roadmaps.
- Partner with our Engineering team throughout the creative, build, and implementation phases to ensure high-quality, on-time releases that balance consumer and business needs.
- Create and manage polls, surveys, email newsletters, mailing lists.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience, preferably within a digital media company, or one with ad-supported business models.
- Demonstrated passion and success in defining and launching excellent products.
- Experience working with development teams using Scrum, XP, or other Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Strong CMS, HTML, and Filemaker Pro skills, with the ability to learn new programs quickly, as needed
- Experience designing and describing highly usable products using mocks/wireframes/prototypes generated by software such as Photoshop, Balsamiq, Visio, or Axure RP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex data and/or highly technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to collaborate with local and long-distance coworkers
- Site design skills are a major plus.
To apply, please email your resume, with references and salary requirements. Please, no phone calls.