The call for submissions for the inaugural Caribbean Film Mart, which will take place from 24-27 September 2015, is now open.
The Caribbean Film Mart will be held in Port of Spain during the 10th edition of the trinidad+tobago film festival (ttff), and is seeking Caribbean fiction
feature films and creative documentaries in development or pre-production.
The primary goal of the Caribbean Film Mart is to foster direct relationships between the Caribbean and the international film industry, by stimulating and
creating viable cinematic co-productions.
The selected filmmakers will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with, and pitch their projects to, international film producers, film commissioners,
sales agents and film funds, forging partnerships that can lead to the production and distribution of their films. The Mart will include panel discussions,
networking receptions and a location tour, and participants will also be invited to attend the ttff/15 awards ceremony.
All applications must be for projects in development or pre-production to be made in the Caribbean. Either the producer or the director must be a Caribbean
citizen or resident, or from the Caribbean diaspora,or an international filmmaker living and working in the Caribbean.
All submissions for the Caribbean Film Mart must be made online at http://vp.eventival.eu/ttff/2015/ no later than 22 May 2015. There is no
The Caribbean Film Mart will be held in English, with interpreters provided as needed. Application materials should be submitted in English.
The Caribbean Film Mart is being implemented in association with the Fundación Global Democracia y Dessarollo from the Dominican Republic, the Association
for the Development of Art Cinema and Practice in Guadeloupe, the Foundation of New Latin American Cinema and the Festival Régional et International du Cinéma de Guadeloupe.
If you have any questions you can visit their FAQ page: http://www.ttfilmfestival.com/caribbean-film-mart/
The project is co-financed by the ACP Cultures+ Program, funded by the European Union (European Development Fund) and implemented by the ACP Group of
Additional details of the Caribbean Film Mart
The 22 May deadline for all submissions will be strictly followed. Filmmakers should not submit projects that do not fulfill the stated criteria. The ttff
reserves the right to determine the eligibility of the submissions. Selected projects will be notified by the end of June.
Filmmakers are advised that the chances of making successful contacts during the Caribbean Film Mart are increased by a clear presentation of your project
and a concrete description of the support or participation required.
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the projects and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Each project will be considered on its own merits.
- If selected for the Caribbean Film Mart, a completed screenplay (for fiction projects) must be submitted to the ttff by August 15th.
Again, the project MUST be made in the Caribbean and either the producer or the director must be a Caribbean citizen or resident, or from the Caribbean
diaspora, or an international filmmaker living and working in the Caribbean.
- For selected projects, one representative, either the producer or director, must be present for the duration of the Caribbean Film Mart.
- Selected projects will receive industry accreditation for the Caribbean Film Mart.
- Economy class airfare and accommodation will be provided for one representative per project for successful overseas participants.
You may only apply if your film is still in the development or pre-production stage. However, if you have shot a teaser or trailer, you may still be
eligible to apply.
- If you are selected, you must submit your completed script by August 15th.
- Each applicant may submit only one project.
- Title of film
- Director, producer and writer
- Estimated running time
- Notes of intention from the director and the producer
- Script (if completed, in original language)
- Top sheet of the budget in local currency with the US exchange rate
- Financial plan including financing secured for the project if any
- Director’s résumé
- Producer’s résumé
- Links to work of the director and producer