This year, five projects were selected and screened to fifty top
European buyers (sales agents & distributors),
producers and festival programmers.
US in Progress, the first and only
industry event devoted to U.S. indies in Europe, is a joint initiative
American Film Festival in Wroclaw, Champs-Élysées Film Festival in
Paris and Black Rabbit Film. It aims to present US indie films in
European buyers in order to foster the circulation and distribution
of American indie films in Europe.
The winner of the top honor was sci-fi thriller “Diverge” by James Morrison, which follows a man who loses everything to a disease that ravages the planet, as he tries to reunite his wife and child when he is captured and transported to a parallel universe.
The winning film gets post-production and promotion award by the partners of the US in Progress Paris:
– Titra TVS offers subtitling services (not
including translation), the making of a subtitled DCP and a discount on audio post-production works
– Commune Image will make available its theater
auditorium with 2K and 4K digital projector allowing calibration and will offer a special screening check of Titra completion work once the DCP is mastered
– Provision of the color grading software Firefly
– Executive post-production services by Eaux Vives Productions
– Pre-sale of the film by Ciné+ and its
broadcast on one of the Ciné+ channels
– Registration for the Marché du Film (Cannes 2016) offered by Producers Network
– Promotion of the film in Europa
Distribution’s network, comprising 140 independent European distributors in 29 countries
– Communication on Centre Phi’s various platforms and a special
screening or premiere, offered by the Centre Phi
– Promotion of the winning film in Staff Pick and Film & Video Homepage as well as a specialized
support by the Kickstarter team.