The deadline for this year’s pitching forum is closing in. Last chance to send your application is August 15.
The purpose of the forum is to present projects to potential Norwegian minority producers, with the aim to enter into a co-production agreement and apply
for support from SØRFOND February 2016.
You can find the application form
The Films From the South Foundation organizes the pitching forum during the annual Films from the South festival in October in Oslo, Norway. The forum will be held October 13-14.
Films from the South is a non-profit organization that, since 1991, has focused its work around films and filmmakers from Asia, Africa and Latin America. Through great movie experiences, seminars, international guests and events throughout the year, the Films from the South Foundation is an important forum for cultural exchange.
The Films from the South Foundation will:
• be present throughout the year to showcase current films and filmmakers from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
• be Norway’s center of expertise on film culture from the South, where organizations around the country can get input and inspiration to the selection of films and topics outside the Western sphere.
• through screenings and debates, show a nuanced picture of the South, and give Norwegians of all ages an increased understanding of the world around them.
• reach a multicultural audience, and offer minorities in Norway a broader cultural offering.
• ensure that a greater number of films from the South are shown at the cinema, on TV and DVD.
• be a meeting place for filmmakers from the South and North.
• promote greater freedom of expression through the financing of film productions in the South.
• be an important national cultural arena of international significance.
• be known and recognized, locally, nationally and internationally, as Europe’s leading festival for screening quality films from the three continents of Asia, Africa and Latin America.