Women and Hollywood is looking for two interns for 2016. The positions will begin in January and end in June. Applicants must be willing to commit to six months, 10-15 hours per week.
We are looking for people who are interested in writing, feminism and popular culture.
Here’s the job description:
– Research and write our biweekly crowdfunding feature and monthly notable VODs/web series feature
– Prepare the monthly film preview
– Update the weekly newsletter dedicated to spreading the word on films by/about women: add new releases, link to relevant content on the site, remove titles that are no longer playing, etc.
– Transcribe interviews with female directors, actors and writers
– Conduct research projects, including for research for infographics, podcasts and presentations
– Edit interviews with women directors for festival features
– Write blog posts as needed
Applicants should be highly detail-oriented, have an excellent grasp of grammar and be current with new releases. You will need to learn the Indiewire CMS and knowledge of wordpress is a plus.
This is a remote, paid position ($1,000 USD for six months) and you will need dependable internet access. Interns primarily report to writer/researcher (Laura Berger) but will also interact with other team members.
The position will begin right after the new year. You will be working from home and can mostly work according to your own schedule. Most communication will take place via email, GChat and Google Hangouts.
(If you are not U.S.-based you will need to deal with your own tax issues.)
Please send a resume and a short message explaining why you want to work for Women and Hollywood to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is November 13 at 5pm EST. Late submissions will not be considered.