Syfy and The Asylum announced today that a 4th film in its successful “Sharknado” movie franchise has begun filming.
Tentatively titled “Shaknado 4,” the film will see Ian Ziering reprise his role as shark-fighting hero Fin Shepard, while Tara Reid is set to return as April Wexler, David Hasselhoff as Gil Shepard and Ryan Newman as Claudia Shepard.
New additions of note include:
– Tommy Davidson (“Black Dynamite,” “In Living Color”), as Aston Reynolds, playboy tech billionaire. Aston is the CEO of tech company Astro-X, developers of a revolutionary energy system that can stabilize the atmosphere and prevent the formation of tornadoes.
– Imani Hakim (“Everybody Hates Chris”), as Gabrielle, a tough and no-nonsense soldier who can take care of herself and isn’t afraid to show what she’s capable of doing.
Joining them are:
– Gary Busey as Wilford Wexler, April’s father and a lead scientist at Astro-X. He’s at the forefront of advances in the field of robotics.
– Cody Linley as Matt, Fin and April’s eldest son. After surviving the first Sharknado, Matt finished flight school and joined the Army. He’s experienced the events of the last six years from afar and longs to reunite with his American Hero father.
– Masiela Lusha as Gemini, Fin’s cousin. Ever resourceful, Gemini is chock full of shark-busting attitude and is ready to dive into the fight once the sharks hit the fan.
– Cheryl Tiegs as Raye, Fin’s mother and Col. Gil Shepard’s ex-wife. Raye is a little bit of a former flower child, but not afraid to speak her mind or protect her family.
Set to premiere on Syfy this July, “Shaknado 4” will take place five years after the East Coast was ravaged in “Shaknado 3: Oh Hell No!” Fin, his family and the cosmos have been blissfully sharknado-free in the intervening years, but now sharks – and ‘nados! – are being whipped up in places (and ways) least expected…
Anthony C. Ferrante returns to direct an original screenplay written by Thunder Levin.