“The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” concluded its 10-episode run as cable’s most-watched new series of 2016, according to a press statement from the FX network, and it ranks among the top 10 programs in all of television in delivery of Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
According to The Nielsen Company, premiere-to-date, time spent viewing for “The People v. O.J. Simpson” equates to 143.9 million hours or 8.63 billion minutes.
Key highlights for “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime” Story from FX include:
– It ranks as the most-watched new series in FX history in Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers.
– The series premiere was the most-watched original scripted series premiere in FX’s 22-year history and, to date, has delivered 17.5 million viewers (and still counting) across all linear and non-linear platforms.
– It is cable television’s highest-rated new series this year in Total Viewers and all key demos, and ranks #2 in 2016 among all cable series in Total Viewers and all key demos behind only “The Walking Dead” (AMC).
– Received a score of 90 on Metacritic, the highest score of any new show on TV in 2016 and the second highest score among all TV series (new or returning) in 2016 behind only FX’s “The Americans.”
– Inclusive of linear and non-linear viewing through the first 8 episodes, the limited series is averaging 12.6 million Total Viewers weekly. It is anticipated that this average will hold and likely increase with the inclusion of the final two episodes and the accumulation of non-linear viewing in the weeks and months to follow.
– On a Live+7 basis (through eight weeks, first-run), the series is averaging 7.5 million Total Viewers, 4.0 million Adults 18-49 and 1.9 million Adults 18-34.
– On Live+3, the series finale delivered 6.2 million Total Viewers and 3.3 million Adults 18-49, marking a six-week high in Total Viewers and five-week high in the demo.
– On Live+7, the series ranks #6 in delivery of Adults 18-34 and #8 in Adults 18-49 among all primetime TV shows (broadcast and cable) in 2016.
– On Live+7, the series ranked as TV’s #1 show on Tuesday (prime) in delivery of Adults 18-34, ranked #2 in Adults 18-49 and #3 in Adults 25-54.
Source: Nielsen, Live+3/Live+7. Primary telecasts. Ranks based on 000s.
“The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” is a limited series that takes you inside the O.J. Simpson trial with a riveting look at the legal teams battling to convict or acquit the football legend of double homicide. Based on the book “The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson” by Jeffrey Toobin, it explores the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court, and how a combination of prosecution overconfidence, defense shrewdness, and the LAPD’s history with the city’s African American community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt.
From Executive Producers Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski and Brad Falchuk, “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” stars Cuba Gooding Jr., Sarah Paulson, John Travolta, David Schwimmer, Courtney B. Vance, Sterling K. Brown, Nathan Lane, Kenneth Choi, Christian Clemenson and Bruce Greenwood.
The limited series is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.