Fresh off his (very much deserved) Oscar win for Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight,” beloved composer Ennio Morricone appears to still be in a celebratory (and perhaps reflective) mood. The Film Stage shares that Morricone has signed a new record deal with Decca Records, one that will kick off with the release of “Morricone 60,” a greatest hits album of sorts that spans Morricone’s remarkable six-decade career.
The new album, due out this fall, includes fresh recordings of some of his classic scores, recorded with the Czech National Symphony, for films like “Once Upon a Time in the West,” “The Mission” and “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.” Recent works are also included on the album, including two sections from “The Hateful Eight.”
“After the success of “The Hateful Eight’ score, I’m delighted to be returning to Decca with my own record deal – an extraordinary moment in my 60th professional anniversary year,” Morricone said of the news. “It’s been a wonderful experience to be able to conduct my scores and to record these with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. The quality of their performance of my work is truly outstanding.”
Check out the full tracklist below.
1. The Man with the Harmonica (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
2. The Fortress (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
3. The Good the Bad and the Ugly – Main theme (from the film)
4. Jill’s Theme (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
5. A Fistful of Dynamite (from the film with the same name)
6. The Ecstasy of Gold (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
7. Gabriel’s Oboe (from The Mission)
8. Falls (from The Mission)
9. On Earth as it is in Heaven (from The Mission)
10. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
11. Abolisson (from Quemada)
12. Chi Mai
14. Metti una Sera a Cena (from the film)
15. Croce d’Amore (from Metti una Sera a Cena)
16. Deborah’s Theme (from Once Upon a Time in America)
17. Stage Coach to Red Rock (from The Hateful Eight)
18. Bestiality (from The Hateful Eight)
“Morricone 60” will be released on November 11 on both CD and vinyl.