- Last Year’s Winner: Frances McDormand, “Olive Kitteridge”
- Was It an Upset? No
- Still Eligible? No
- Hot Streak: Other than citing “American Horror Story’s” four straight years of nods (with one win for Jessica Lange in 2014), there isn’t much of a streak to speak of. So, instead, let’s just remember when Meryl Streep won for her landmark performance in “Angels in America” (and hope someone, someday — even if it’s Meryl herself — can ascend to such heights again).
- Fun Fact: None other than Helen Mirren has the most nominations (10!) and wins (4!) in this category.
Below are IndieWire TV Critic Ben Travers’ predictions for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or a Movie, which will be updated throughout the awards season. Make sure to keep checking IndieWire for all the latest buzz and highlights from the 2016 race, and read the rest of the predictions in all the categories, as well.
- Kirsten Dunst, “Fargo”
- Felicity Huffman, “American Crime”
- Audra McDonald, “Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grille”
- Sarah Paulson, “The People v. O.J. Simpson”
- Lili Taylor, “American Crime”
- Kerry Washington, “Confirmation”
Will Win: Sarah Paulson, “The People v. O.J. Simpson”
Could Win: Kirsten Dunst, “Fargo”
Should Win: Sarah Paulson, “The People v. O.J. Simpson”