- Last Year’s Winner: Allison Janney, “Mom”
- Was It an Upset? No
- Still Eligible? Yes
- Hot Streak: Allison Janney has only won this category two years in a row, but her towering presence at the TV Academy stretches beyond the Supporting Actress category. She’s won three in the last two years with four nominations, and she’s got six total Emmys on her mantle.
- Fun Fact: Last year set a record for total nominees with eight.
Below are IndieWire TV Critic Ben Travers’ predictions for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, which will be updated throughout the awards season. Make sure to keep checking IndieWire for all the latest buzz and highlights from the 2016 race, and read the rest of the predictions in all the categories, as well.
- Anna Chlumsky, “Veep”
- Gaby Hoffman, “Transparent”
- Allison Janney, “Mom”
- Judith Light, “Transparent”
- Kate McKinnon, “SNL”
- Niecy Nash, “Getting On”
Will Win: Anna Chlumsky, “Veep”
Could Win: Kate McKinnon, “SNL”
Should Win: Anna Chlumsky, “Veep”