by Peter Knegt
January 7, 2013 3:25 PM

2013 Golden Globe Predictions: Best Comedy/Musical Actress

Indiewire will provide regular updates of our predictions for the Golden Globe Award nominations through December 13th, when the nominations are announced.

Here's our take on the best motion actress comedy/musical category, Jennifer Lawrence has basically already won (beating out the likes of Dench, Smith and Streep -- a mightier trio is hard to find).

Our take below: Check out all predictions in all the categories here.

The nominees:
Emily Blunt, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"
Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
Judi Dench, "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
Maggie Smith, "Quartet"
Meryl Streep, "Hope Springs"

Will win: Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
Could win: N/A
Should win: Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"

• Reta | December 11, 2012 2:50 PMReply

I wish Rebel Wilson could compete in this category for "Pitch Perfect". The globes seem to like young and cute, so maybe Mila Kunis for Ted (she did get nominated for "Black Swan"). I kinda wanna hope that Lesley Mann moves up and into a nomination for "this is 40". My last thought is Jennifer Aniston for "Wonderlust". You gotta remember that this is the Golden Globes, they like to mix in an odd duck nomination here and there...
    1. Jennifer Lawrence
    2. Judi Dench
    3. Lesley Mann
    4. Meryl Streep
    5. Jennifer Aniston
    6. Barbara Streisand
    7. Laura Linney

• michael johnson | December 8, 2012 10:24 AMReply

The Globe will go to Lawrence. Hope Streisand gets in the race too.

• ^_^ | December 6, 2012 12:57 AMReply

STREEP, DENCH and SMITH are the only COMPETITORS THAT WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GRAB THE GOLDEN GLOBE FOR THE BEST SUPP. ACTRESS ^_6

• Helen M. | December 5, 2012 9:32 AMReply

Julia Roberts for her really funny performance in Mirror Mirror shoulb be on that list.

• samka | December 3, 2012 10:38 PMReply

Saw The Guilt Trip yesterday. Streisand gave a warm, touching performance. For my money, better than the mannered performance STreep gave in Hope Springs. Not her best.

• SAmka | December 4, 2012 9:55 PM

Sorry. No I don't think Streep gave a warm, touching performance. ANd I really like Meryl Streep. Since I have seen TGT, I would say Streisand is a lock as well.

• AaronSG | December 4, 2012 12:50 PM

ROFLMAO! You didn't think Streep gave a warm, touching performance in Hope Springs? She was heartbreaking. Streep and Lawrence are LOCKS for the GG comedy/musical nominations. The rest are speculation.

• lindsey | December 3, 2012 9:12 PMReply

I really hope Jennifer wins, or at least gets nominated. I'm glad to see Anna Kendrick on the predictions list. I hope Meryl doesn't get nominated, she already won 3 oscars. Her performance wasn't great in Hope Springs like It's Complicated.

• Melvin | December 2, 2012 10:39 PMReply

I think is a shame Lawrence sharing a list with Meryl Streep,

• edy | December 3, 2012 11:29 AM

oh lord yeah, because merly streep should run alone right?

its about the performance not the name

what's the shame in a 22 actress who is running for the second oscar nomination of her career is in a list with Streep

do you know what Streep was doing when she was 22? nothing

what a smug, empty comment