by Peter Knegt
February 18, 2013 5:11 PM

2013 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor

Daniel Day Lewis

206 people like this, be the first of your friends

Daniel Day Lewis

• Daniel Day Lewis

Indiewire will provide regular updates of our predictions for the 85th Academy Awards through February 24th, when the winners are announced.

Of the 12 nominations that went the way of Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln," only one win is a true certainty. But it's a big one. Daniel Day-Lewis has won essentially every single precursor out there, and it's hard to imagine anyone not voting for his remarkable work portraying the 16th President of the United States -- even if it doing so will help make him the first actor ever to win three Oscars in this category. But if someone is going to manage that feat, why not Day-Lewis, who is largely considered one of the greatest actors of all-time. And, really, who could beat him? The performances of his assumed closest challengers Hugh Jackman and Bradley Cooper seem so very insignificant up against Day-Lewis.

Nominees and predictions below. Check out all predictions in all the categories here, and this list of all the Oscar-nominated films available ON DEMAND right now.

The nominees:
Bradley Cooper in "Silver Linings Playbook"
Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln"
Hugh Jackman in "Les Misérables"
Joaquin Phoenix in "The Master"
Denzel Washington in "Flight"

Will win: Daniel Day-Lewis
Could win: Bradley Cooper
Should win: Day-Lewis or Joaquin Phoenix

Check out all predictions in all the categories here.

Sign up HERE for Indiewire's Awards Season newsletter and receive a twice-weekly email roundup of our awards stories, hand-picked by our editors from across the Indiewire Network, plus additional coverage in the final run up to the Oscars.

• monkeypox6 | April 15, 2013 8:25 PMReply

1. Bradley Cooper, "Silver Linings Playbook"
    2. Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"*(WINNER)
    3. Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"*(Runner-up)
    4. Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
    5. Denzel Washington, "Flight"

• gregg | March 27, 2013 11:18 PMReply

Day-Lewis deserved it one hundred times over. If you don't agree then you haven't seen Lincoln.

• REVEREND WALTERS | February 24, 2013 7:01 PMReply

brADLEY COOPER IS AWESOE AND DESERVES IT YOU SILLY WILLYS

• GERARD KENNELLY | February 23, 2013 1:47 PMReply

3 actors who were snubbed

tom hardy ..LAWLESS

richard gere ..ARBITRAGE

matthew mcconaughey ..KILLER JOE

• THE CRITIC | February 22, 2013 11:40 AMReply

DDL has only been in 11 films in the last 23 years! He has been nominated for an Oscar in 5 of those 11. I would call it horrible luck for a guy like Cooper who made leaps and bounds in his acting ability with his performance in SLP, that it happens to be the same year DDL plays Abraham Lincoln. The Academy loves DDL and are not fans of the dramedy. When DDL wins, he should single out Cooper in his acceptance speech as someone whose performance shined a significant light on the disease that is bi-polarism. And 5 years from now when DDL wins for the movie Hitler, Washington, Bin Laden, or Caesar, he can acknowledge some other great performer that just had a case of bad timing.

• Chtia | February 22, 2013 6:21 PM

DDL did a far better in his role then Bradley Cooper did.
    We all know him and his co-star Jennifer Lawrence are campaiging hard for their win. It won't happen. DDL deserves the oscar, not actors/actresses who need to expose themselves unecessarliy for their mediocre performences.

• Ash | February 22, 2013 11:21 AMReply

Daniel Day-Lewis, hands down. You may not like Lincoln as a movie, but no denying that DDL played his role to a tee, with aplomb and outstanding, superb acting.

• Lynde | February 21, 2013 7:34 PMReply

I'll be honest; I didn't really like Lincoln. I love Steven Spielberg, and I love Daniel Day-Lewis, but I thought he was the only interesting thing about the film, especially since we all know how it ends... On the other hand, I LOVED and was completely captivated by Silver Linings Playbook, and it really all was because of Bradley Cooper. I thought Jennifer Lawrence was good too (though Emmanuelle Riva deserves to win on Sunday), but Cooper just blew me away. And if we're talking about transformative performances, I think the character of Pat was a far cry from anything Bradley Cooper has done as of late. I just feel like people regard Daniel Day-Lewis as some sort of god, and Bradley Cooper as tabloid fodder, and don't fully take into account the actual caliber of their performances.

• THE CRITIC | February 21, 2013 5:46 PMReply

Could Cooper have played the Lincoln role? Probably not. Could DDL have played the Playbook role? Probably not. Sometimes there are roles in movies that aren't about a grand historical event or person that are more impactful. Bi-polarism may not be an epidemic, but it is horrible to witness those afflicted and their struggle to be "normal". Brad Cooper did a sensational job. He won't win. It won't be because he didn't help elevate SLP to a must see film. It will be because the Oscars are political.

• Shawn | February 20, 2013 5:42 PMReply

Hugh Jackman's performance in Les Mis was simply astonishing. I actually think it may be one of the best male performance ever in a film. Cannot understand how it is not being recognized as such. The others do not even come close (did not see Denzel in Flight).

• THETRUECINEMA | February 20, 2013 1:19 AMReply

Watched Flight. Very GOOD movie, I like it very much. I think Denzel Washington performed EXTREMELY WELL, LOVE his performance, and he definitely deserved his nomination, if not, WINNER. @laurelhero

[As mentioned, Lincoln is still not shown in this region so haven't got the chance to watch Daniel Day-Lewis yet.]

• muluken | February 18, 2013 10:47 AMReply

i really so glad by these year best actor award winner..............i proud of bradley cooper..................

• Film Fan | February 17, 2013 5:58 PMReply

There is a 99% chance Daniel Day-Lewis will win. And when he does win nobody should act surprised. He has been picking up every award he has gotten a nomination for (which is basically just about everything) and it is beyond well deserved. Every person in this category gave amazing performances (it was such a brilliant year for movies) and their nominations are rightfully so. But this is all Lewis. He is one of the best actors of all time and getting a 3rd Oscar was bound to happen soon for him. He became Lincoln fully and didn't hold back at all. During the movie you had to remind yourself it was an actor playing Lincoln and not the actual man. He was that good.

• Left Hand of God | February 17, 2013 1:22 PMReply

Bradley Cooper, Denzel then Phoenix. The other two films have been done and re-done dozens of times it's easy for anyone to portray those characters. But these subjective awards are nothing but pure popularity contests. If it was truly a performance based win then Bradley Cooper wins 100% of the time, no contest.

• Left Hand Of God | February 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Portrayals of people in history or of previous live performances, TV, film or literature have a frame any actor can emulate and reference to awe an easily won crowd. It's taking a theme very few people understand and of which little if anything has been realistically portrayed then entertaining, engaging and providing the viewer or critic with a real understanding of the story and its characters.

• Film Fan | February 17, 2013 6:01 PM

Just because they have been done and re-done dozens of times before doesn't mean that they have been done well before or are easy to portray. There have been lots of people who have played Lincoln, but never one as brilliant as this. And if it is a performance based contest than Lewis will win. If it was a popularity contest than Jackman or Washington would win.

• Dshew89 | February 17, 2013 9:23 AMReply

Denzel gave the best performance. Followed by a tie between Phoenix/Lewis, then jackman, lastly Bradley Cooper

• wills | February 15, 2013 6:12 AMReply

Although Bradley Coopers performance in Silver Linings Playbook was better than i thought it would be. It was not oscar nomination material in my opinion, the whole movie in fact isn't, im slightly shocked at all the nominations it's received. For a movie that was trying to be realistic and present mental health in a realistic, serious and understandable way. I found that it almost mocked it.

• Superman | February 14, 2013 4:46 AMReply

Hugh Jackman
    He really can sing

• Lara | February 14, 2013 2:14 AMReply

Deserves to win (most to least) : Joaquin Phoenix, DD Lewis, Hugh Jackman , Denzel Washington

Will Win : DD Lewis

• d smooth | February 9, 2013 9:52 PMReply

i think denzel washington or hugh jackman should win

• Patrice | February 13, 2013 3:31 PM

I love Denzel but I do not think he deserves to win. Bradley Cooper's performance was better in SLP than Denzel's in Flight. I may agree with Jackman or Phoenix and of course DDL but Denzel not so much.

• Bradley Cooper | February 8, 2013 5:22 PMReply

I will be so embarassed if I win. I shouldn't have even gotten nominated tbh .ithink if I do win I will just stay in my seat because it would be so embarassing.

• Patrice | February 13, 2013 3:31 PM

LOL. Poor you :)

• Hugh Jackman | February 6, 2013 6:13 PMReply

Joaquin why would any one care about where you came from. You need to see a doctor, SERIOUSLY, get help my friend. I did the best performance in a musical of all time which means I should definitely win best actor. Watch Oscar night for my name to be called for best actor.

• Joaqiun Pheonix | February 6, 2013 3:19 AMReply

Denzel how insulting of you to bring up nationality as a problem for me to win best actor.!!!! What about Day-Lewis from England and Jugh Jackman from Australia, why aren't you singling them out for being foreigners. You know what just shot up and F*** every one whose apart of the Academy Awards including you Denzel. I'm Puerto Rican and I'm proud of it and without a doubt I'm the best mother F***ing actor for the year. Oh and the guy from the movie Hangover, I have two words for you F*** YOU!!!!!!

• Uriah | February 5, 2013 3:18 PMReply

It’s killing me having to wait to hear who wins the Oscars! I do hope Bradley Cooper wins though. It’s too bad that I will be at DISH working late on the 24th. It’s nice that my DISH Hopper DVR uses the PrimeTime Anytime feature to automatically record all four major networks during primetime. Since it’ll record the show for me, I won’t have to set up the recording and I can keep myself focused on staying off of Twitter where the show can potentially be spoiled.

• Anna Christina | February 4, 2013 2:18 PMReply

I hope Hugh Jackman wins- I've seen Les Mis nine times because of him lol

• Zinha | February 4, 2013 12:15 PMReply

Bradley Cooper's nom is the like Quevnehzela Wallis or however her name is spelled. No chance of winning at all and no much hype about the acting.
    Waste of a spot both of them. These two have got to be the most untalked about peformences ever this year for the Oscars.

• Film Fan | February 8, 2013 1:41 AM

Uh no. Wallis has been getting tons of buzz for her film and that nomination is so well deserved, but in her very difficult category her chances of winning are the lowest. And Bradley Cooper actually has a fairly good chance here. Lewis will clearly win but if he wasn't in the race, I would almost bet money that Oscar would belong to Bradley Cooper. There has been a lot of talk about his performance and he truly was brilliant.

• Steve75 | February 4, 2013 2:11 AMReply

I saw Hugh J. , Denzel Washington, Daniel Day Lewis and Bradley Cooper performancess' but I've no seen the Master that's why I couldn't choise who should win the oscar in this category.
    J. Phoenix is one my Favorite actors but I saw Silver linings play book at the weekend and I liked Bradley Cooper's role. Hugh Jackmann was also great as Jean Valjean. Finally D.D. Lewis was much better in the There will be blood than Lincoln. The Spielberg movie wasn't a great picture. I still prefer Saving Privat Ryan from Spielberg. Denzel Washington wasn't bad in the Flight. We'll see it.

• BOO | February 3, 2013 6:39 PMReply

Bradley Cooper has no shot. I mean even less than everyone else, even though no one except DDL has a shot.

• er nyzaz | February 3, 2013 6:04 PMReply

joaquin best performance of the year, but he comented on the oscars in bad manner, so DDL or Hugh.

• Denzel Washington | February 3, 2013 5:18 PMReply

Guys relax ok. Daniel your my friend but I'm gonna take you down. That Cooper guy, all I have to say is go back to being that wasted frap boy from Hangover. Joaquin you should know that America wants born Americans to win not Puerto Ricans, sorry to be rash... Huge your one of my best friends and the only true real actors left in Holly Wood. Nonetheless, I have the best chance of winning...

• Danny | February 13, 2013 6:04 PM

If you really are Denzel Washington, Bradley Cooper is on the road to being a serious actor. Going back to the direction of films of "The Hangover" would not be a wise decision. And also, last I checked you are at the bottom of the popularity list, hell I don't think this was a performance that would merit a nomination. Jean -Louis Trintignant gave a performance that would trump nearly your entire career, acting wise, and was robbed of a nomination based on your overrated ego in Hollywood.

• Thomas | February 3, 2013 5:10 PMReply

Haha @ all against bradly cooper

• Kirk | February 3, 2013 5:00 PMReply

Bradley Cooper has no chance of winning AT ALL and I don't get why he was nominated .
    They should have given Suraj Sharma or John Hawlkes that spot!
    Sorry but I still see Bradly Copper at the dude from the awful Hangover movies.

• Sam | February 3, 2013 1:13 PMReply

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS BRADLEY COOPER DOING IN THIS LIST. Honestly, Bradley Cooper really... The other four nominees must be ashamed of the Academy Awards for even allowing Bradley to be amongst them. Denzel and Day-Lewis are the best actors of their generation. It should be a TIE between them both.

• pd | February 4, 2013 12:13 AM

I think he did a GREAT job

• Daniel Day-Lewis | February 2, 2013 4:04 PMReply

Bradley, can you do us all a favor and shot your filthy mouth. Quiet frankly I don't think you stand a chance of beating me for Best actor. Needless to say, your performance was tremendously tasteless and horrible. I would suggest you quit acting. I will win because I play one of America's most powerful and beloved President.

• Ryan | February 2, 2013 2:17 PMReply

I really hope Bradley Cooper wins so everybody will shut the hell up

• Truth | February 8, 2013 1:43 AM

I know!! It is like because of his previous films people won't give him credit for the amazing role that he did. Cooper was brilliant.

• Pat | February 8, 2013 12:22 AM

Agree as well. Lord, why do you all have against the guy?? LOL

• Si | February 4, 2013 2:59 PM

Agreed.

• JD | February 2, 2013 11:13 AMReply

Bradley Cooper has no chance whatsoever of winning. He just barely manged to beat out John Hawkes for The Sessions for the nomination.

• Bradley Cooper | February 1, 2013 12:46 AMReply

I should win best actor people. I mean come on, just look at me, I'm so hot that it's impossible for you not to like me. Even straight men like me or wish they could be me. I will win base on my good looks. It feels good to be a handsome white men.

• One Love | February 1, 2013 12:35 AMReply

People How in the F***ING world did Bradley Cooper even got nominated...... Bradley was plain awful, terrible, disgusting, stupid and senseless.... There is no way Bradley will win. No Way. Day-Lewis please go back to England would you. If I was the president of the Academy Awards why would I give the best Actor to Joaquin who have clearly demonstrated in the past that he does not want to be affiliated with the Oscars. Either the Aussie actor Huge Jackman or Denzel Washington should win...

• Lay | January 31, 2013 10:48 PMReply

Daniel Day Lewis performance in Lincoln is SUPERB!!! He will win this award

• claudia | January 30, 2013 4:58 PMReply

How was anything from Silver Lining's Playbook nominated. Bradley Cooper for an Academy Award, the saying makes my ears bleed. How, How, How!
    Daniel Day Lewis was Lincoln, he was completely Lincoln, it was incredible.
    Joaquin Phoenix winning an oscar is long awaited, and he equally has a large chance, he should have won for Johnny Cash in Walk the Line frankly.

• Sheldon Gaskell | January 26, 2013 8:24 PMReply

Best Actor
    * John Hawkes (The Sessions) - replacing Bradley Cooper (Silver Linings Playbook)

Winner: Joaquin Phoenix (The Master) - It is highly likely Day-Lewis will take the Oscar.  Phoenix is the best choice, however, based on the direction in his acting and heart-wrenching depiction of a decaying man.  Hugh Jackman is incredible in Les Misérables, but the scope of his acting is no where near that which Phoenix and Day-Lewis offer in their performances.  The Academy also generally avoids awarding top prize to actors in musicals, which puts Jackman at a great disadvantage in the race.  Day-Lewis and Washington both delivered powerful appearances in Lincoln and Flight; however, these performances are not their greatest to date.
     Runner-ups: Daniel Day-Lewis, Hugh Jackman, Denzel Washington

• Harold | January 21, 2013 4:52 PMReply

Suraj Sharma deserves a nomination for his acting. So they have that 6 year old in the Best Actress category but not Suraj Sharma for Best Actor? I saw both Beasts and Life of Pi and Surajs acting was far better. Thet little girls acting was boring and nothing special. She was a 6 year old acting like a 6 year old. Big deal.

• Thomas | February 3, 2013 5:12 PM

Joshsua are you a PR for Miss Wallis? She is a nobody at the moment and she ain't gonna happen.
    Remember what happened to Kesiha Castle Hughes?. She is hardly talked about for her acting like how Bradly cooper is. Fuck off loser.
    PS I loved SS acting! That boy made me cry!

• dAn | January 28, 2013 3:55 PM

I agree, Sharma was great in that film, and his first ever film!

• Daniel | January 24, 2013 9:05 AM

@ Joshua
    Woah somebody has a low IQ and is troll. Can you please put togather a proper sentance?
    And no, Quzivhella whatever is a no-name at the moment. How many people actaully know her name?
    She was good yes but not brillant.

• Joshua | January 22, 2013 3:41 PM

Bitter fuck faggot asss shut the fuck up she's a child thats going in the record books you're a tool on a website bitching and the girl has a name you fucktard douche

• josé | January 21, 2013 1:50 PMReply

Daniel D Lewis will win it. But i would give it to Joaquin Phoenix.

• Daniel | January 24, 2013 9:00 AM

• D | January 21, 2013 4:03 AMReply

It's gross the support Washington is getting just for being Denzel Washington. People should be thankful he undeservingly got in over John Hawkes.

• AMIT | January 20, 2013 1:23 AMReply

Its D D Lewis all the way

• Mano | January 15, 2013 7:38 PMReply

The best actor Oscar award for 2013 will be for the Lincoln role played by Daniel Day Lewis who also won Golden Globe award in 2013 for Lincoln. Good LUCK to Daniel Day Lewis. We all appreciate your wonderful acting and similarity in face and make up as 16th President of America as Lincoln.

• TONY | January 20, 2013 6:16 PM

I agree 100% with everything John has stated!

• John | January 15, 2013 11:09 PM

Mano you know nothing of great performance because if you did then you'll know that Denzel Washington was far more exceptional and Oscar worthy than that british actor Day-Lewis. Not to mention, Joaquin Phoenix was also better than Day-Lewis.

• almeida | January 15, 2013 6:01 PMReply

Denzel gave the performance of the year. It's that simple.

Lewis, Phoenix, Cooper, Jackman were all great, but it would be unjust to not give it to Denzel. He shined in Flight.

• DDL | January 30, 2013 10:06 AM

I think Andy means Ireland not England. He lives in Co. Wicklow in Ireland. I have not seen Flight so I cant say if I agree with your opinion.

• Andy | January 22, 2013 1:00 PM

You have got to be kidding. Denzel Washington is a fine actor, I can't and wouldn't despute that but to say his performance in 'flight' is superior to Daniel Day-Lewis' in 'Lincoln' is nothing short of ridiculous. Sounds to me like you're just frightened that the award might be coming to England.

• dimitris | January 14, 2013 7:12 PMReply

Well i know there are some big names in these nominations and that they gave a great performance BUT i think that the oscar should go to hugh jackman who is very underrated. He is an excellent actor and his performance in les miserables was outstanding. I also think that di caprio should be a nominee for best supporting actor. Leo needs to win an oscar at last! He was unbelievable in Shutter Island and he got nothing. I mean come on!!

• Melkisch | January 14, 2013 7:04 PMReply

Elect your winner on https://poutsch.com/question/1006276

• Michael M. | January 14, 2013 3:36 PMReply

PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX, PHOENIX!

• Steve | January 14, 2013 12:23 PMReply

Well lets print fact Daniel Day Lewis is the biggest cert in Oscar history.I have 500e on at 1/1.He is now the shortest priced fav ever to be nominated at 1/20.

• SimbaUno | January 14, 2013 2:22 AMReply

Who should win: It's close, but I have to say Daniel Day-Lewis.
    Will win: Day-Lewis is a lock.

• onelove | January 13, 2013 6:10 PMReply

Well it is obvious that the top three contenders are Daniel Day-Lewis, Denzel Washington and Joaquin Phoenix... Both Denzel and Daniel Day-Lewis has outstanding and compelling performances however both have already won twice in the past... Needless to say that both Washington and Day-Lewis have done similar roles. Denzel playing an alcoholic pilot similar to Jeff Bridges win in 2009 for an alcoholic musician and Day-Lewis iconic role as one of America's most signified President but isn't his role similar to Nixon's role in 1995 portrayed by Hopkins and gay politician activist Harvey Milk by Sean Penn... Aren't we all tired of the same old roles wining Academy Awards... So in all honesty Joaquin Phoenix will probably win that's if the Academy goes for performance and not politics(Favoritism)...

• Fran | January 13, 2013 2:12 PMReply

Joaquin Phoenix should win! He doesn't get enough credit for his work; he's performances so far have all been amazing, and his performance in The Master is outstanding! He deserves this Oscar, even if he thinks he doesn't.

• Bobbie | January 12, 2013 10:36 PMReply

Of those nominated, I think that Daniel Day-Lewis deserves to win. Denzel blew me away, until I saw Lincoln. But I am disgusted and disappointed that John Hawkes didn't get a nomination, just as I'm disgusted and disappointed that Marion Cotillard didn't get nominated for best actress for Rust and bone. I'm equally disappointed that Laura Linney didn't get a nomination as best supporting actress for Hyde Park on Hudson. Jackie Weaver over her? No way.

• Bob | January 11, 2013 11:46 AMReply

Hollywood doesn't give a third Oscar very easily. That puts a dim light on both Daniel Day Lewis and Denzel Washington. It took Meryl Streep decades and numerous nominations to win the third one. Joaquin Phoenix deserves it for his body of work but he's not a favorite in Hollywood. And, they hate to give Musical Performances a Best Actor or Actress Award. Supporting okay but never lead. So, I think Bradley Cooper sneaks in and carries it away.

• Michael M. | January 11, 2013 11:08 PM

You couldn't be more wrong haha. Phoenix will walk away with the coveted statuette.

• denzel | January 10, 2013 7:05 PMReply

denzel wiil win,your predicitions are horribe u suck go kill your selfs,,,

• DDL | January 30, 2013 10:08 AM

Weirdo!

• gloworm | January 21, 2013 11:34 PM

your remark is disgusting.

• Day-Lewis | January 10, 2013 11:06 PM

If there going to give anyone a third Oscar it's definitely NOT going to be Denzel. Day-Lewis is going to win by a landslide.

• Holmes | January 10, 2013 6:24 PMReply

I want Joaquin Phoniex to win for jokes. I heard he really hates the oscar? I wanna see him go up that stage, get his award and start ranting and trashing the Oscar for what they really are.
    I hope even comes dressed up like what he did back in 2008 lol.

• Hannah | January 10, 2013 1:35 PMReply

IMHO, will and should win: Daniel Day Lewis

• Martin | January 10, 2013 7:09 AMReply

Check out my final predictions for Best Actor at http://www.mondoglam.com/2013/01/camino-al-oscar-2013-predicciones.html

• Truthteller | January 10, 2013 3:38 AMReply

As usual, you white clowns underrate an absolutely amazing performance by Denzel Washington, the best actor of his epoch. Freakin' morons

• Lucy | January 11, 2013 9:25 PM

Denzel deserves it by far. Stupid white clowns.

• Rael | January 10, 2013 2:10 AMReply

I'm rooting for Daniel Day-Lewis, John Hawkes, Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washngton and Bradley Cooper. The underdogs would be Anthony Hopkins and Hugh Jackman.

Hopefully the Oscar would go to Joaquin Phoenix.

• Rael | January 10, 2013 3:21 AM

or Bradley...either of the two.

• Mel | January 9, 2013 9:49 PMReply

You know what's a real shame? Actors like Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena getting ignored, they were both great in End of Watch.

• Shelshock | January 9, 2013 12:49 AMReply

Day-Lewis was good, but his depiction of Lincoln was flat and poorly directed by Spielberg in my opinion. Phoenix was unique in his expression of a decaying man and should at least get a nom. Jackman is definitely a strong contender. I believe it will be a race between DDL and Jackman.

• Tina | January 8, 2013 10:04 PMReply

The Oscars will never nominate Bradley because he is "too pretty". Yes people love to ignore the fact that the Oscars are BIASED and superficial. They have never, and would never give their awards to "pretty boys" no matter how amazing they may be in a role. Why? Because the people handing out the Oscars are all old unattractive balding men, who don't want a "pretty boy" to win a serious acting award. So in this case, good looks actually HURT you. Brad Pitt, Leo Dicaprio, Johnny Depp- all have been deserving of an Oscar at one point in time but they will NEVER win because they're very attractive. Bradley is in the same boat. I don't think he SHOULD win but he sure as hell deserves a nom and Phoenix's ass should be out all together. What is this like the 1000th role he's taken as a crazy out of control retard? Thanks but no thanks, I'm not here for melodramatic overacting.