Indiewire will provide updates of our predictions for the 86th Academy Award nominations through January 16th, 2014, when the nominations are announced.
Here's our take on the best cinematography race. "12
Years a Slave" and "Gravity" seem like near sure things from what we've already seen, while "Captain Phillips," "Rush," "Prisoners" and "Inside Llewyn Davis" seem like reasonable bets to join them.
Best cinematography predictions below. Check out all predictions in all the categories here.
1. Emmanuel Lubezki, Gravity
2. Sean Bobbitt, 12 Years a Slave
Other Strong Possibilities:
3. Barry Ackroyd, Captain Phillips
4. Bruno Delbonnel, Inside Llewyn Davis
5. Roger Deakins, Prisoners
6. Phedon Papamichael, Nebraska
7. Anthony Dod Mantle, Rush
8. Rodrigo Prieto, The Wolf of Wall Street
Check out all predictions in all the categories here.